Talk

Advanced search

looking for the window equivalent of a stairgate

(10 Posts)
silverfrog Sun 28-Jun-09 17:00:23

the dds' room is boiling hot.

need to leave the window open overnight, but with the type of windows we have, that's not safe (dd1 - ASD - is tall enough to lean over the bottom bit, and the window would open wide enough that she could fall out)

is there such a thing as a window guard? that would let fresh air/breeze in but not let children out?

Redrun Sun 28-Jun-09 17:04:45

do you mean something like this...

www.childsafetysystem.co.uk

IkeaCatalogue Sun 28-Jun-09 17:08:48

hmmm only found american sites at the moment, have been searching under window guards and window bars

anyone else had any luck??

IkeaCatalogue Sun 28-Jun-09 17:09:34

oooh well done redrun

ABetaDad Sun 28-Jun-09 17:15:55

Wow - the power of MN strikes again.

We need one of those exactly like (thanks redrun). We are moving into a new house that has a big floor level side window overlooking a balcony in the kids bedroom so needed something to stop two normally sensible boys doing something silly and falling through a pane of glass or a burglar climbing on to the flat roof and getting in.

difficultdecision Sun 28-Jun-09 19:38:13

we have jackloc's on DS's windows, they are brillaint and very easy to fit.

www.jackloc.com/

silverfrog Mon 29-Jun-09 10:01:47

thank you everyone. I'll have a look at the suggestions, and have a ponder.

BitOfFun Mon 29-Jun-09 20:22:56

I recently fitted an expendable safety gate over dd's window ( less than twenty quid ). It does the job.

BitOfFun Mon 29-Jun-09 21:18:20

Expandable, sorry. When the window is open everything else is expendable though- all her toys and anything else that fits through the bars end up on the ground outside grin

penona Thu 02-Jul-09 22:41:47

You can get something similar for cats (!) on a website www.cataire.co.uk which advertises in my cat magazine. I have no idea whether or how it would work for children, but it serves the same purpose - have ventilation while preventing small things form climbing out. Might give you some inspiration as to how it could work?? Good luck. Intrigued to know what you go with, my sister has the same problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now