Talk

Advanced search

help needed - baby bouncers? baby bjorn or bloom coco?

(10 Posts)
mamamila Sun 28-Jun-09 15:43:53

i'm trying to decide between
bjorn bouncer and this fancy looking bloom bouncer

i suppose i'm most excited by the bloom but it looks a bit flat and i wondered if it has much bounce...?

any help appreciated, i'm in online shopping hell!

arabicabean Sun 28-Jun-09 18:21:36

I bought two of the Bloom loungers for my LO when he was a baby. I have never used a traditional bouncer, so don't know it compared on the bounciness front, but I used to rock it.

Although it is a stunning looking piece of baby furniture, I don't think it is particularly well designed. My baby was only comfortable in it when he was very young. At around six months of age, all he wanted to do was undo the metal poppers that were holding the material in place that he was lying on. I was concerned that he would fall through the opening onto the frame. I had to stop using it because he would squirm about so much it was looking unsafe (although he was well within the upper weight limit).

With hindsight I wish that I had bought the doomoo seat instead. It seems a much more versatile product, and one I could still be using now that he is a toddler.

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 18:24:04

£12 basic motehrcare one

although a friend ahs the Bjorn one and is pleased with it

mamamila Sun 28-Jun-09 18:59:33

thanks for your replies, and hi mrsbadger!
i started looking for a basic bouncer but got a bit carried away looking at all the swings and fancy things and then OD'd on colourful cuddly musical crap until convinced minimalist chairs were the only way to go
thanks arabicabean- i was hesitating over the bloom after initial excitement as i suspected it might be a bit style over usefulness.
the doomoo looks so cosy but i'd be worried about my toddler wanting to climb on too

maybe the bjorn bouncer then, it has a lot of rave reviews on here. then again £12 sounds far more sensible...

MrsBadger Sun 28-Jun-09 19:25:14

only if you can get someone to buy the bjorn as a present

otherwise £12 and save your cash for a Tripp Trapp later

mamamila Sun 28-Jun-09 19:33:09

i'm not that keen on the tripp trapp chair, the ikea highchair- probably £15 with table has been best success so far. although dd has stood up and fell out a couple of times..

gawd it's such a minefield all this stuff that babies 'need'!

sammysamsam Sun 28-Jun-09 19:45:36

mama yep, the most BASIC bouncer with thin metal wire structure are best! dont bothere going for the vibration ones- they're useless..

Rindercella Sun 28-Jun-09 19:51:14

We had the Baby Bjorn & thought it was fab. DD loved it right up until she could climb out of it herself. We took it everywhere with us & DD was always happy in it - the older she got, the harder she would kick her legs to make it go faster!

TheChilliMoose Sun 28-Jun-09 19:52:08

The Baby Bjorn one is great and well worth the money. I would say don't bother with a vibrating one, and definitely don't get one that is plastic.

TheChilliMoose Sun 28-Jun-09 19:52:53

And the Baby Bjorn cover just slips off easily and you can turn it over it's got a bit of yuck on it, but it is machine washable and dries really quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now