Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

iCandy Cherry, Bugaboo Cameleon or Quinny Buzz4

(6 Posts)
SumMenon Sun 28-Jun-09 13:26:41

Our first baby and we are really confused. We really like iCandy cherry as it is so easy to fold and unfold and is very light weight. But don't see much around and have seen some horror stories on this form couple of years ago.
Bugaboo seemed a bit clumsy to take out and put back...and Quinny seemed really tricky what with push and move with one hand and push another button with the other hand etc...

would love to hear your views especially if you are using these products.

Thank you very much.

scattykatty Sun 28-Jun-09 14:54:55

I love my Bugaboo Cameleon but OMG is it hard work to fold and take anywhere, if you want it to go in and out the car a lot it wouldn't be the best as it comes in 2 pieces, public transport I imagine would be near impossible.

Really good if it can just stay in your house/garage and just use it for walking with.

SumMenon Mon 29-Jun-09 18:55:01

Thank you so much scattykatty. At John Lewis I could not even manage it once - and being 7 months pregnant did not help at all....
iCandy Cherry also comes into 2 pieces - but was a lot easier for me to fold and unfold - and much lighter too and the base stands upright...but read some not so good reviews - so thought i'd check with mumsnet buddies..hmm

justanothertenminutes Mon 29-Jun-09 21:41:58

I have the iCandy Cherry & love it, very easy to fold & nice and light.
When we were looking to buy ours there was lots of bad reviews which worried us, but talking to lots of people it turned out there used to be a problem with the front wheels - in that they fell off a lot! But this was redesigned and is now ok (or so we have been told)

loulabellecelino Mon 29-Jun-09 21:51:59

I wouldnt recommend the buzz, its not very nice to steer, and the basket is useless, plus you have to pay extra for it!
I have to say that once you get the hang of the bugaboo, its pretty easy to use, even with the folding up and down - I use mine every day, and I'm in the car so its up and down a lot. I love how easy it is to push, even with a heavy toddler on board, and the shopping basket is enormous. I'm a genuine pram addict, I've had dozens of different ones in the last 3 years, and I can safely say the bug is worth every penny of its price tag, and also worth the bit of extra hassle putting up and down.

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Mon 29-Jun-09 21:56:39

I have the iCandy Apple and really love it so I would sing the praises of the Cherry. There were some issues with the early models but it's sorted now. It faces both ways, light, good basket. For a new baby I would go for the Cherry or the Bugaboo Bee. I can't abide the massive back wheels or sticky out leg front bit of the Buzz and the Chameleon is just ugh.

There you are. Very scientific wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now