Talk

Advanced search

WindowSox or Outlook Auto Shade??

(10 Posts)
laurawantsababy Sat 27-Jun-09 13:09:49

I have just wrecked the seal on our car windown because I opened the wrong one by mistake and got the sun blind caught.

I cant decide between the above. Any recommendations?

This I found this on Ebay. We have an 08 Passat saloon.

laurawantsababy Sat 27-Jun-09 13:10:35

WindowSox

Outlook

Thanks.

sammysamsam Sat 27-Jun-09 13:34:23

hiya, with the sox- i think the sticky pads holding velcro strap would easily dislodge after a yank from the little ones..and maybe lose their stickyness after a couple of on/off incidents? i know for one the autoshade has a piece of elastic that rides all the way down and hooks on the underneath part of the car door- i personally would recommend the autoshade..

sammysamsam Sat 27-Jun-09 13:35:03

the elastic has a plastic clip type thing at the end- no velcro wotsits..

lynniep Sat 27-Jun-09 13:35:22

I cant comment on the outlook shades but we have windowsox, and they're great.

The only issue I have with them is that if its a rainy day its hard to see out the back when I'm reversing. (I could of course take them off, but I can't be ars*d)

They are a gazillion times better than the old sucker ones that I used to have to use two of to try and cover the rear passenger windows. Well worth the money.

lynniep Sat 27-Jun-09 13:36:41

oh ps I never use the velcro strap - they stay on fine without them (have nissan tino)

laurawantsababy Sat 27-Jun-09 20:00:36

Thanks both, I will check for better prices.

thisisyesterday Sat 27-Jun-09 20:12:46

I have the outlook ones. picked them up in tk maxx for £10;

tbh, they aren't that great. i don't like how they clip under the door.
you have to take them off if it rains because otherwise water wicks through and leaks into the inside of the car
and the visibility isn't great with them on (though i suspect that's going to be the same with any of them)

ds1 doesn't like them cos they make it too dark in the backm of the car, but again you'll get that with any of them i suppose.

they're ok though and they do the job of keeping the sun off the kids brilliantly, but i certainly wouldn't pay the proper price for them

risingstar Sun 28-Jun-09 11:45:27

I have window sox for my fiat multipla..have to have them as the windows are too large for anything else. they are totally fab and i would not be without them. echo that you dont really use the velcro bit and i always take them off if it is raining as they make it dangerous re visibility.

best £20 i have spent in a long time

fairimum Tue 30-Jun-09 13:43:18

We have window sox too and they are fantastic!! highly recommend them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now