Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know how to remove the hood from a maclaren techno xt so I can wash it?

(11 Posts)
etchasketch Fri 26-Jun-09 17:04:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

etchasketch Fri 26-Jun-09 17:09:21

etchasketch Fri 26-Jun-09 17:26:57

Rosie29 Fri 26-Jun-09 18:58:14

The hood is clipped around the frame. You need to release the clips by pushing them open, then it should come off. HTH

PerfectPrefect Fri 26-Jun-09 18:59:43

But I don't think you can remove the fabric from teh hood frame so it is sponge clean only.

Could be wrong though.

etchasketch Fri 26-Jun-09 19:25:37

sammysamsam Sat 27-Jun-09 01:05:25

I did look into this once to wash the hood of my old quest buggy - and im 100% sure someone on here (or was it a google result?!) mentioned that they washed the hood in the machine in a pillowcase so no damage- (minimum powder, no softener.) my quest hood came out perfect- and yep, i also bunged it in a pillowcase before chucking it in the washer!

sammysamsam Sat 27-Jun-09 01:05:25

I did look into this once to wash the hood of my old quest buggy - and im 100% sure someone on here (or was it a google result?!) mentioned that they washed the hood in the machine in a pillowcase so no damage- (minimum powder, no softener.) my quest hood came out perfect- and yep, i also bunged it in a pillowcase before chucking it in the washer!

etchasketch Sun 28-Jun-09 17:16:08

sammysamsam Sun 28-Jun-09 23:19:04

see this it's very easy once you know how- im just thinking- are you trying to remove the 'fabric hood canopy' from the 'frame'hmm? if so, then it's not possible, you have to bung it in the machine as a 'whole'- hence the pillowcase thingie. the plastic rods an all.. does that help? or not..still? lol

Horton Mon 29-Jun-09 00:03:14

Wow. It has never occurred to me to wash the hood of a pushchair!

<slinks off to Slatterns' Corner>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now