Talk

Advanced search

This is so dull I'm boring myself but...... recommendations for a powerful upright vaccuum cleaner please

(6 Posts)
FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 26-Jun-09 14:14:36

I have a Dyson Root8 at the moment which is about 6yrs old. It is time for it to be retired as it no longer picks up most of the crap and spits 50% of the 25% it picked up back out onto the floor when I switch it off [sigh]

I need it for carpet. I have a Henry for hard floors and he is brilliant but no good on deep pile carpet.

I want a powerful, good quality vc with a longish power cable and one which is preferably not v heavy (the Root8 is heavy and I live in a 3 storey house with mucho stairs).

I'm reluctant to consider Dyson again as I have had 3 in the last 10 years and they have all had the attachment hose thing split within the first year.

Budget ? I have no idea, how much to hoovers cost these days ? Preferably less than £200.

smartiejake Fri 26-Jun-09 14:20:31

SOrry to state the obvious but have you cleaned the filters recently?

The dysons often do this when the filters are clogged and then pick up brilliantly again once they are cleaned.

FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 26-Jun-09 14:22:55

I have cleaned them, yes.

nowwearefour Fri 26-Jun-09 14:34:24

Sebo Felix - brilliant. and dont flame me for saying this but my cleaning lady reckons it is hte best one she has ever used .....

FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 26-Jun-09 19:56:59

why would I flame you ?

Because you have a cleaner ? Every man and his dog has a cleaner in these days.

FigmentOfYourImagination Fri 26-Jun-09 19:57:11

how much is the felix ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now