Talk

Advanced search

Who would like to help me solve my pushchair dilemma?

(18 Posts)
flowerybeanbag Fri 26-Jun-09 13:49:16

Here's the thing. I have the following at the moment:

Quinny Buzz
Dreami carrycot for Buzz
Maxi cosi car seat
Quinny Zapp

I have a 2yo DS and am expecting number 2 in November.

I am hoping not to need a double buggy as DS is fairly good at walking. I thought I would probably get him a buggyboard for the times we are out and about for a while.

However, it seems from research that a buggy board will only fit on the Buzz with the pushchair in the forward-facing position, ie not with the carrycot on and not with the pushchair rearfacing. That's no good for me as I will want DC2 in the carrycot to start with and then rear facing.

DC2 will be in the pushchair for too long at a time to only use the car seat, will need to lay flat.

So what do I do? Do I buy a whole new system, one that is compatible with a buggy board when in carrycot mode, in which case what are my options?

Is there any other system around that will enable me to at least re-use the car seat. I don't want to fork out hundreds of pounds on a whole new set of equipment when I have perfectly serviceable equipment available to me.

Any other creative ideas welcome! It's all a bit of a minefield out there and I was hoping not to go through this again with no2!

CarGirl Fri 26-Jun-09 13:51:10

How old will ds be in November?

How about a strolli or a tug?

CarGirl Fri 26-Jun-09 13:53:02

www.thetug.co.uk/the_tug_1.html

the tug website

info on the strolli

www.kellytoys.co.uk/swiss-strolli-rider-buggy-board-seat-step-501-p.asp

Should work with the dreami on.

flowerybeanbag Fri 26-Jun-09 13:56:55

Thanks CarGirl

DS will be 2.6, so hopefully won't need anything for too much longer.

Have not heard of or seen either of those products before, look like distinct possibilities!

FlyMeToDunoon Fri 26-Jun-09 14:09:26

How crap is that Tug website!?

flowerybeanbag Fri 26-Jun-09 14:12:18

It is a bit isn't it flyme?

I do like the look of the Strolli I have to say - I think DS would love it as well.

Dare I think I (or rather CarGirl!) may have solved my dilemma for the bargain price of about £70...?! That would indeed be wonderful! I had visions of hundreds of pounds on new stuff!

CarGirl Fri 26-Jun-09 14:13:34

commission is more then welcome!!!

flowerybeanbag Fri 26-Jun-09 14:14:56

gringrin

You will have to put up with effusive thanks instead!

CarGirl Fri 26-Jun-09 14:17:04

think the strolli has good resale value on ebay too.

naomi83 Sat 27-Jun-09 20:16:01

Can you have new baby in a sling and big kid in the Buzz when you are all out together and big kid is too tired to walk? Seems a shame to buy a double or a new pram for a few months

nicolamumof3 Sat 27-Jun-09 20:25:26

would a strolli really be suitable tho over winter months?

my ds2 was regularly in double til after his third birthday. Its when they are ill or extra tired.

loulabellecelino Sat 27-Jun-09 20:28:20

I had a buzz and a 3g buggy board, and it was just fine with the seat rear facing, but DD was older by then so sitting upright. I dont think it would recline and be able to use the buggy board. Def. wouldnt work with the carrycot either.
Have you seen the buggy pod?

misdee Sat 27-Jun-09 20:29:13

a mei tai sling grin

i've ditched the buggy for most trips out. even dh prefers me to carry dd4 everywhere, and will carrry her as well.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 27-Jun-09 20:33:35

I had a few mei tai sling for ds for long days out too. I was glad not invest in a double but like nicolamumof3 it was good to have the option if dd was ill or tired to stick her in a buggy.
She was 2 years 7 months when ds was born and did alreay pretty much walk everyehre but there was the odd time I was glad to put her in a buggy, I did have a buggy board but hardly ever used it.

horsemadgal Sun 28-Jun-09 11:19:49

I'd def get a double. The novelty of walking wears of when they are 3.

Songbird Sun 28-Jun-09 11:26:14

Main page for the tug is a bit better than that page cargirl linked to - soz cargirl!

CarGirl Sun 28-Jun-09 19:39:53

didn't link to the main page because it doesn't show it as a single to double convertor!

If it were me I'd buy a 2nd hand double like a phil and ted to see you through the first winter and then sell it on next summer and go to a buggyboard. However it does depend how much walking you do or whether you are a mainly in and out the car lifestyle.

flowerybeanbag Mon 29-Jun-09 22:08:04

Ooh, more people, hello

I knew it was too good to be true.

I didn't factor in the weather, thank you nicola, excellent point, DS will not have the benefit of a raincover over the winter if I rely on a strolli.

The trouble with taking a sling so that baby can go in it to allow DS to use buggy if tired is that I'll have the carrycot on rather than the pushchair for the first few months, so obviously DS won't be able to just hop in. It would have to be a deliberate decision not to take the carrycot and to take a sling and probably the Zapp. I do go out for quite a length of time sometimes and I can't see myself being happy lugging a baby round on my chest all of that time tbh. And as I am likely to have a c-section this time its probably not sensible anyway.

I did look at the Phil and Ted, but having seen people out with the newborn nest thingy, I can't believe babies fit in there longer than about 3 months tbh, I know DS wouldn't have - he was out of his Dreami at about 4.5 months and there's much more room in that as far as I can tell. Plus I prefer baby to be able to see me, although I know that may be a bit of a luxury at this rate!

Why can this not be easier?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now