Talk

Advanced search

wide feet baby?

(11 Posts)
lunavix Sat 14-May-05 19:42:12

ds (13 months ) had his feet measured in clarks today and their a 4H - that's hugely wide isn't it!!!!

Is this why in a lot of shoes he's a 5??

WigWamBam Sat 14-May-05 19:45:07

Yep. He'll get the extra width in the bigger shoe - my dd is the same, we have to go up a size and a half to get the width in the shoe.

gingernut Sat 14-May-05 19:45:09

My ds1 has very wide feet too - usually measures a G but his feet apparently spread when he stands up...so we often end up with an H and/or a shoe in the next size up. It's a bit of a pain because some of the styles aren't available in the wider sizes.

jane313 Sat 14-May-05 19:45:42

Mine was an H at that age too and has since slimmed down to a G. They do tend to give you bigger ones but that means that sometimes they are too long and they trip over them I had this problem with sandles this week, the 7G ones were too long and the 6.5 ones were too narrow. We went home without any and I got some canvas ones instead but they were a 7 and still too long! Yes he measures at a 6.5.

bethski Thu 19-May-05 10:52:56

Mine was the same (and still is). Like gingernut says, it is a pain because not all of the styles gothis wide, but the last time I had ds' feet measured, the lady in the shop told me that wider feet seem to grow slower in length - seems to be true in the case of ds. I've only had to buy him 4 pairs of shoes and he's two next week - I was told to expect him to need new shoes every 6-8 weeks at one point, but this never happened.

anchovies Thu 19-May-05 10:58:35

I posted on this recently, ds is also an H fitting. I was too though as a child and so was dh so I suppose it's to be expected. Sometimes even the H fitting isn't wide enough and we end up going up a half size and still getting the H.

Will sadly always be getting his shoes fitted properly as there is no way I'll be wedging his little fat feet into something not wide enough. Brings back memories of me begging for the shoes with the key in the bottom but coming home with black clompy boys shoes!

Fimbo Thu 19-May-05 11:00:15

My ds is an "H" as well, I know a few other children who also are this width. Why can't shoe manufactures make nicer styles in this size when there is an obvious need. I even live in Norwich where Start-Rite's are made, they have a factory shop but never seem to have "H's" for ds

loulabelle222 Thu 19-May-05 11:24:46

my MIL took ds to clarks to get a pair of shoes they measured him an E fitting but gave him a G because there was no other ones available. I know its better to be wider than narrower but i still don't know if this is right. To be honest I have never liked clarks...always have problems and i don't really like their boys shoes.

bigdonna Thu 19-May-05 22:04:11

hi loulabelle222 this does not sound right ,if you are not happy with them i would take him back and get his right size,they should give you a new pair! i have found clarks very good my ds has size 3 feet at aged 7.we always get his shoes in clarks .he also has wide feet.there school shoes are ok but very limited.

loulabelle222 Thu 19-May-05 23:32:53

they are ok on him but i am not happy , i don't like them much but they are perfect for what he needs them for (first walkers) MIL said 'there alright just put some thick socks on and tighten them real tight' i pmsl!

lockets Thu 19-May-05 23:48:38

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now