Talk

Advanced search

Child Bike Trailers

(22 Posts)
Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 11:50:18

I want one..no, I NEED one, for our camping trip next week. I always miss not having my bike when we are away.

Where can I get one before the end of the weekend at a reasonable price? I just missed out on a local one on ebay yesterday, boo hiss. It needs to fit two. Does anyone have any ideas?

midnightexpress Thu 25-Jun-09 11:52:12

Could you hire one from somewhere? A bike shop? I was on hols in Galloway recently and the forest park had a bike hire place where you could get them. Might be worth a try? Where are you going?

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 11:57:15

Well we did think about hiring but thought it would actually be more cost effective to buy a 2nd hand one as they cost around £15 per day to hire!

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 11:58:36

We are going to the Isle of Wight btw grin

silverfrog Thu 25-Jun-09 12:01:41

halfords had some in, and they were on offer last month.

no idea what price, though (sorry) as we were in the middle of importing one ofr the dds (dd1 has SN, and still needs a trailer at 5 - too big for standard trailers!)

devotion Thu 25-Jun-09 12:13:06

hello

i bought double trailer from halfords and it was the BEST £100 i ever spent.

My two girls are 6 and 3 and I only stopped riding with both in the back a few months ago.

Love it!

I domt drive so for two years I used it to go everywhere, even can fot shopping in the back.

Great for holiday when you are out walking too because it also turns into a double buggy.

Comes in handy for when the older one was tired because she was not embarassed sitting in it as it does not look like a normal pram.

Also i researched alot into ot before i bought one and i tried a few expensive ones and to be honest there was not much in the difference.

my friends was £600 and mine maybe not looks as slick as hers but it still as light and does the same job but has more storage space than hers.

enjoy!!!

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:17:55

Ahh that is very interesting devotion, I was unsure of the Halfords trailers as I had seen some not so good reviews of it; especially about the stroller wheel attaching to the tow bar bit being a bit awkward.

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:19:23

Did you import a Wike one Silverfrog? They look so good, I wish I could afford one of their standard trailers <dreams>

LadyPinkofPinkerton Thu 25-Jun-09 12:19:48

Costco have them in if you are a member. They also fold down

DebiTheScot Thu 25-Jun-09 12:21:00

have you tried Amazon? My childminder got a double one with a handle so she can push it like a double buggy from there for £100. It would prob only be able to come tomorrow though if it's coming directly from Amazon and not through someone else but its worth a try.

DebiTheScot Thu 25-Jun-09 12:24:34

[http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bumper-Adventurer-Duo-Trailer/dp/B0011HXJ36/ref=sr12?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid =1245928949&sr=8-2 here] £99 free delivery will come tomorrow if you order in next 2 hours. (there's others too on there but not all delivery tomorrow)

DebiTheScot Thu 25-Jun-09 12:25:20

sorry forgot to do double brackets here

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:26:07

Not sure Amazon would be able to ship in time - bit too much of a risk to take.

Sadly we aren't Costco members.. hmm I wonder if FIL is. How much are they selling them for?

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:27:50

sorry x-post. Thanks for that, £100 is a bit steep for us, without it having a stroller attachment. <scuttles off to read reviews of Bumper trailers>

silverfrog Thu 25-Jun-09 12:49:59

yes, ours is a Wike (the SN one)

it is great but £££££. But we bought it because it can also be used as a buggy - somehting dd1 will need for a while yet.

we used it on holiday, and it was so handy - a buggy that takes both of the girls, loads of space etc, and a safe space for dd1 to sit in too

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:53:45

Well, I have been emailing ebay sellers left right and centre asking about BIN and collection over weekend <fingers crossed>

I wish we had thought about and planned this before now grin

horsemadgal Thu 25-Jun-09 12:54:40

Costco one is £58 I think.
Hubby just bought one, still lying in garage!!

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 12:58:41

Well the price is def a bit more within our budget Horsemadgal! I just need to (a) find a costco member, (b) locate our nearest costco grin

Don't suppose that one has a stroller attachment does it? <hopeful>

horsemadgal Thu 25-Jun-09 13:47:15

Yes can also be used as double buggy and has a front swivel wheel!!
Think this is the one:
on eBay

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 14:13:16

Fab that looks just the job - what do you have to do to join Costco?

Washersaurus Thu 25-Jun-09 14:26:10

Right I have had a look at costco site, I need to find someone willing who is also a member...SIL possibly?

Washersaurus Fri 26-Jun-09 14:30:31

No-one I know is a member boo hiss. Right now I need to find someone who will deliver on a Saturday hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now