Talk

Advanced search

Have I just made a really naive Ebay error....?

(11 Posts)
scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 10:33:35

Not entirely sure this is the right place but here goes... a couple of days ago I bought this BNWT Next baby shirt off ebay and then I saw she has another one at the last minute and bought that too. The P&P was meant to be £2 for each but I messaged her and asked if she could do combined.... well she finally just sent me an invoice with the 2 shirts 'grouped' but no discount. Seen as I didn't ask her before I bid does that mean she will really make me pay £4 for 2 tiny baby shirts angry I've only bought 2 things from the same seller once before and they were lovely and put through a discount.

TrinityRhino Thu 25-Jun-09 10:37:10

I'm afraid that unless she states that she combines postage

OR

you asked her and she agreed BEFORE the auction ended

then there is nothing you can do

sorry

tis a learning curve smile

lecohen Thu 25-Jun-09 10:37:56

Hi there, if item hasn't been posted yet, she should really combine BUT some sellers make money on postage (and to be fair, nothing too wrong with that on some things) but in your case, she really should combine and offer discount given you haven't paid yet and will prob only cost up to £1 to post both anyway

Jumente Thu 25-Jun-09 10:39:34

It might have been an error, no harm in asking her if she intended to combine.

Sounds like the invoice got fecked up by the system, they often do.

Good luck and remember to ask next time, if you get a chance - or be prepared to factor in uncombined postage

scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 10:43:01

I really hoped she would, I didn't ask her before as I only saw the 2nd shirt with about a minute to go! The shirts are summer shirts aged 18 months so I'm pretty sure she won't need to pay £4 for them wink £1 sounds about right. I bet she make my pay and then she'll send them second class in and old plastic bag I wish I'd not bothered now

PortAndLemon Thu 25-Jun-09 10:45:00

Some sellers have things already packed up to be posted, so don't/can't combine postage.

If she isn't one of those, then morally she ought to combine in one shipment for lower postage costs. But there's no rule to say she must, unless she previously said that she would.

Bucharest Thu 25-Jun-09 10:54:07

Definitely ask her...I honestly don't see why someone would refuse. I'm always doing it, in fact it's often me who, after the auction, reweighs everything and offers the discount on postage....No harm asking her...

scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 10:57:58

Yeah I've sent her a couple of pityful messages but she doesn't reply, just sent me this grouping thing.

DH is going to kill me as he has issues doesn't like Ebay or anything second hand (got around this as the were BNWT!) but he'll be annoyed about £4 for P&P....

bigstripeytiger Thu 25-Jun-09 10:59:11

I would ask her.
Say would she be able to combine postage, or would she still prefer to send it as 2 separate parcels.
IMO it would be out of order for her to send it in one parcel and still send you the full amount. Also trying to make excess money on P+P is fee avoidence as far as ebay are concerned.

LundyBancroftatemyhusband Thu 25-Jun-09 11:05:19

But ebay only care if it's 99p + £200 postage iyswim - they won't do owt.

Put it down to experience - tho invoices are v tricky to send/amend. Honestly.

Wait and see what she says.

lecohen Thu 25-Jun-09 14:06:30

I think you need to click on ask seller for invoice or something to help her send a revised one to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now