Talk

Advanced search

Lidl Cien Sun Cream - anyone used this?

(9 Posts)
walkthedinosaur Thu 25-Jun-09 08:04:22

We live in France and it's starting to get quite hot now. I usually use Nivea Factor 50 for DS2 because he is white haired and pale skinned, but it costs about 12 euros a bottle and to say we're skint is an understatement.

Was in Lidl the other day and noticed they also did a Factor 50 sun cream for about a third of the price, so before I buy I was wondering if anyone had ever used any of their sun creams and whether they prevented burning.

DS also wears the usual sun suits, hats etc but I do have to be careful with him.

ilovegreenbeans Thu 25-Jun-09 09:08:52

I'd like to know the answer to this too!

serenity Thu 25-Jun-09 09:53:52

We use the Lidl suncream last year, and DS1 took some to Cyprus last month on his school trip. We've never had any problems with it, the DCs have never burnt or gone red from the sun BUT they are half Cypriot and have olive/Mediterranean skin anyway.

FWIW, I've checked and we've got the factor 25 squirty kids one. HTH

walkthedinosaur Thu 25-Jun-09 10:22:22

Excellent, thanks very much, I'll buy some this afternoon and try it out. I'll just make a point of topping him up more regularly, at a third of the price I think I've got to give it a try.

I'll let you know how we get on.

pollywobbledoodle Thu 25-Jun-09 10:26:19

we have the factor 30 in a non squirty bottle....negative it is very hard to rub in so they look whie and sand sticks to them a lot on the plus it doesn't seem to come off in the water...you can see if it does

pollywobbledoodle Fri 26-Jun-09 21:05:08

oops, i take that back it is a wilko oneblush

geordieminx Fri 26-Jun-09 21:21:03

I got some lidl vouchers from MN earlier in the year and used them to buy sun stuff - we went to Tenerife in May, it was fine for ds, 2 blonde but dark skinned, me - dark skinned and dp - whiter than white.

macaco Sat 27-Jun-09 09:36:25

I've got the factor 50 kids one (Cien) from Lidl and found it absolutely fine.

walkthedinosaur Sun 28-Jun-09 11:51:31

I've bought this and tried it out over the last couple of days, factors 50 and 25 and it works really well, no sunburn in the dinosaur house. I'd recommend it to others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now