Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo gecko would you get one?

(12 Posts)
1dilemma Thu 25-Jun-09 02:24:16

So in light of the warehouse sale I'm vaguely wondering whether I should consider this.

I would value any opinions on their good/bad points also is their resale value really that good (I know the Cam is more valued)

Thanks

5inthebed Thu 25-Jun-09 09:03:07

How much is it? Gecko's were discontinued last year (I think) so new ones hard to come by (you lucky thing)

I have a Gecko (bought 2nd hand) and love it. Really nice to push, really easy to use, although took me a few attempts to fold it.

The only downside is that as they are now discontinued, most of the accesories are hard to come by, mainly 2nd hand on Ebay, but if you don't mind that, then thats not a problem really.

5inthebed Thu 25-Jun-09 09:03:24

Oh, and they do hold a good resale value.

misdee Thu 25-Jun-09 09:04:07

oh goodnes yes, if you can get to the sale then get one. there are only 200 available though i think.

ilovegreenbeans Thu 25-Jun-09 09:08:06

yes, they're really nice. Accessories like the footmuff and parasol, etc... are the same, it's just the fabrics (hood and seat unit) that are a different size.

There is something really aesthetically pleasing about the Gecko's proportions and simplicity too...

I sold mine recently for a very good price.

1dilemma Thu 25-Jun-09 20:39:29

They are 300 pounds
Are they really discontinued they weren't around for long then?

SparklyGothKat Thu 25-Jun-09 20:52:39

The gecko is still on the bugaboo website, the frog is defo. discontinued, but I think the gecko is still about. If I had £300 I would be at the warehouse sale too

EldonAve Fri 26-Jun-09 07:44:10

Good luck if you go to the sale
Remember the gecko won't fold easily for on the bus

5inthebed Fri 26-Jun-09 09:06:13

What warehouse sale is this? I might have to go buy a new one and sell my 2nd hand one grin

EldonAve Fri 26-Jun-09 10:09:59

www.bugaboo.com/extra/warehouse/

carrielou2007 Fri 26-Jun-09 10:32:57

Oooooooooooooooooh, I do not like the gecko (too low to the ground) but love bugaboo. Where did you get the info from? Have just registered and though I live no-where near London if I could get a denim cam I will go tomorrow!!!!!

chaya5738 Wed 01-Jul-09 17:51:26

The Gecko has been discontinued only in the UK. I think you can still buy it in other parts of the world eg: the United States.

You can still buy the accessories online and in any event most of them are the same as the Cameleon so you will always be able to buy them.

We bought the Gecko on sale from Ladybugs (who were excellent). They didn't have the colour I wanted online so I called them and they got me the colour I wanted from the warehouse. And they gave me a good deal on the matching MCosi carseat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now