Talk

Advanced search

maclaren techno xt- am i the only one disappointed with it??

(10 Posts)
alibo Sat 14-May-05 09:23:19

ordered a maclaren techno xt for ds, i5 months, and now its arrived there are a few things i'm not sure about! firstly the handles seem really high up, is this the case with most maclaren buggies? also ther is a huge rubber "maclaren" label right where ds will (hopefully !) rest his head and sleep whilst on holiday. and lastly, the leg rest doesn't seem at all supportive and just flops down. is it just me, i've heard lots of recommendations for this buggy??

alibo Sat 14-May-05 09:48:33

we need to diceide this weekend if we're going to send it back!!

alibo Sat 14-May-05 10:06:17

sorry, that should be decide!!

docket Sat 14-May-05 10:15:09

i've got one and i think it's great. mind you, i haven't tried anything else so can't make any comparisons.

tamula Sat 14-May-05 10:50:52

I personally think they are fab, but if YOU dont then send it back, its your choice to be happy or not with your purchase

Mud Sat 14-May-05 11:05:07

I've got one and its great by far my favourite of all the buggies we've owned and we've had a few

the leg thing is just for little babies, you wouldn't use it for a toddler but suited DD up to a year and over

the maclaren label is quite spongey, but then again we use one of the foot muff things that cover it with a comfy backing (about £25)

the handles are fine but I'm tall - are you short?

fairydust Sat 14-May-05 11:07:43

have you pulled the handels out on the leg rest this makes it more suportive.

DD has been in one since she about 1 has always slept lovely init.

Have you got the hand handels on the smallist height>

vickiyumyum Sat 14-May-05 11:10:10

i did like the maclaren techno when i had one, i had the 2004 version and it seemed fine to me, although when it was stolen from my car i discovered the mamas and papas pulse and brought that as it was much cheaper and my son is almost 3 so knew that i wouldn't get the use out of the techno to make it worth its money. the pulse is only £80.
from my experience with buggies though, if you don't like it now you probably never will and will constantly find fault with it, so is you don't like it then i w ould send it back and choose an alternative. the other maclaren buggies, like the quest and the triumph have lower handles and no big label on the head rest (on the triumph its printed), but i don't think that the brakes are as good on them as on the techno.

alibo Sun 15-May-05 11:38:48

thanks for advice; no, we hadn't noticed that you can actually extend the leg rest underneath!! we are both shortish, but i guess you get used to the handles being a little higher. looked at mothercare's 2005 version of techno xt, only difference being there is a head rest cushion and the rubber label is further up so head isn't actually resting on the label. this is £24 more expensive from kiddicare, being a newer model. will probably look at m+p pulse today just to compare, but didn't really see anything else in mothercare that compared to the techno xt as far as quality etc

alibo Sun 15-May-05 11:53:23

btw, what age do you think will be able to use the techno xt till? ds is only small, still only 21lbs at 15mths!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now