Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is It Too Late To Get a Tripp Trapp?

(25 Posts)
scattykatty Wed 24-Jun-09 18:56:28

My DS is now 17 months and up until now we've had a Mamas and Papas Bears & Buds highchair. However I've grown to hate it as the seat cover stains ridiculously easily. I now would really like a red Tripp Trapp for him so he can sit at the table with us, obviously at this age I wouldn't get the baby set but would it still be worth getting the TT instead of a booster seat?

Thanks in advance grin

word Wed 24-Jun-09 19:10:06

Yes, IMO. My 4 yo still uses it; hubby does too sometimes smile

Wouldn't bother with the cushions; notoriously difficult to clean unless they've changed the design.

MrsJamin Wed 24-Jun-09 19:11:09

Why don't you get a Handysitt? Looks great, really portable and cheaper than a tripp trapp. I've used it for DS since he was 6 months and he's 17MO now, it's fab

word Wed 24-Jun-09 19:12:12

(Yes being the answer to the question in yr post - not the thread title!)

Sheeta Wed 24-Jun-09 19:13:43

Antilop?

claricebean Wed 24-Jun-09 19:13:53

We love them in our house. DD2 (7) still uses hers for every meal, as does DS (4) and DD3 (2). They are very easy to clean, come right up to the table and look good too. In fact, DD1 (9 next month) would still use hers if we hadn't donated it to DD3. I wouldn't bother with the cushions at this stage though. They are only really useful at the baby stage IMO.

Sheeta Wed 24-Jun-09 19:16:17

ignore me, missed the point of the post, sorry.

seeker Wed 24-Jun-09 19:22:31

I have an 8 and a 13 - they both still use their Tripp Trapps at the dining table and for playing musical instruments and things. They were the best value things I have EVER BOUGHT, bar none..

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 24-Jun-09 19:23:02

Ds1 stopped using his by 2 years old. Was very keen to use a 'proper grown up' chair instead. I'd be amazed if 16mo ds2 is still using his by 2 years too (showing much resistance already).

LIZS Wed 24-Jun-09 19:25:39

dd is 7 and still uses hers daily. Wish they'd been available when ds was little.

fucksticks Wed 24-Jun-09 19:32:54

DS1 still uses his at nearly 4. Had to buy a second one for DS2 as it looks like DS1 will be in his for many years yet!

seeker Wed 24-Jun-09 19:34:53

OK - hunting for the oldest Tripp Trapp user - is my 13 year old ds the winner?

scattykatty Wed 24-Jun-09 19:36:29

wow thank you all for the super quick replies. Just shown DH and he is convinced! Woo Hoo, will be ordering the Tripp Trapp grin

Does anyone have the red? Does it look good? The only other colour/stain I actually like is the plain natural....

NeedaNewName Wed 24-Jun-09 19:37:28

DD1 still uses her (5) as does DD2 (2) and I have been known to use it too so def not too late, will last for years, looks good and takes up hardly any room

seeker Wed 24-Jun-09 19:37:33

They only came in plain when I bought ours

LtEveDallas Wed 24-Jun-09 19:55:24

Be careful you dont end up with a 'I'm not sitting in a baby chair mum' child. Tripp Trapp is expensive for what it is, great if child will still use as they get older, but my dd wouldnt entertain any kind of highchair past 3.

We got one of these instead.....1/4 of the price and worth its weight in gold - we take it with us to restaurants / grandparents, wouldn't be without it now.

kaboost

scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 07:38:17

Well I went for red TT, should be coming tomorrow morning grin very excited. Hope the DS will be using it when he's 15....

amazonianwoman Thu 25-Jun-09 09:48:36

Well, I'm nearly 43 and I often use DD's TT, so do I win the oldest Tripp Trapp user award?

DD is a mere 5yrs and uses it all the time.

scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 10:13:46

Well this is making me feel much better about my little spending spree

I've just read the confirmation email however and realised it's gone through as my name on the delivery address and as the cardholder name when it should have had the DH as the cardholder name... just waiting now for them to say it hasn't gone through and I need to do it again. Silly me blush

flamingobingo Thu 25-Jun-09 10:14:39

yes get one. All our four have one of their own set to their height so it's good for their backs.

orangina Thu 25-Jun-09 10:18:07

Haha Amazonian, dh and I use the dcs tripp trapps all the time (can't be bothered to shift chairs around the table, sheer laziness).... both 42 yrs old now (aurgh!)

We have the apple green t-ts scatty and they look great.....

usernametaken Thu 25-Jun-09 13:00:57

DD (4.3yrs) uses hers daily for eating, drawing, playdoh, climbing etc at the table. I use it sometimes if my back is sore, even DH can sit comfortably in it. DD is refusing to give her Tripp Trapp up for when #2 arrives, so we will be buying a new one.
Highly recommended!

scattykatty Thu 25-Jun-09 21:46:46

So excited about the TT coming in the morning, having a little wobble about not getting the baby set though.

DS is 17 months so would he have fitted in to it anyway, what age did people stop using it?

Wouldn't mind getting a secong had BS, does anyone have a red one they want to sell, nothing on Ebay

heymammy Tue 30-Jun-09 20:46:26

Hi scatty, tbh dd2 was only 13 months when we took the babyset off as she could easily (and safely) climb onto her big sister's TT. How about you see how he gets on climbing up and down, I'm sure he'll love the practice grin.

(we have one red and one orange TT and I'm glad we went for the coloured ones. DD1 is 6 and it's used for everything she wants to do up at the table)

flowerybeanbag Tue 30-Jun-09 20:50:27

DS is two and is still using his babyset, hasn't occurred to me to take it off tbh. Maybe I should!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now