Talk

Advanced search

Tesco train set and Brio

(5 Posts)
snickersnack Wed 24-Jun-09 18:06:38

ds got a Brio starter set for his birthday. He also got some money from his aunt to buy some more. I was in Ikea today and about to buy the wooden trains when I had a "will it fit with Brio" crisis. Fortunately, by the power of MN and my mobile I was able to work out that it doesn't fit very well, but that the Tesco one does. Is this the one? Thought it would be a good idea to check before I went off and bought it...

littlelamb Wed 24-Jun-09 18:07:55

Really? We have Ikea and Brio and they seem to fit fine. Not that I want to encourage you back into that hellhole grin

snickersnack Wed 24-Jun-09 18:13:16

I am not going back!!! Although as I bought a lamp and no lightbulb <dumb emoticon> I may have to. Lots of threads seem to suggest it's a bit of a squeeze to fit them together. My parents have a mix of Brio and Bigwigs and ds definitely struggles with them, so am a bit wary of making a mistake. And the Tesco one does look very lovely.

avenginggerbil Wed 24-Jun-09 18:14:41

Yup, the Tesco one fits perfectly with Brio for about 1/10 of the price.

LIZS Wed 24-Jun-09 18:16:41

iirc Ikea track pieces do just about couple but are a different length so layouts cna be more tricky to get to meet. Tesco (and elc) is more similar to Brio. There used to be various sets of Tesco ones , we had a figure of 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now