Talk

Advanced search

Pushchair Shed June contd........ To Infinity and Beyond!

(622 Posts)
FlyMeToDunoon Tue 23-Jun-09 18:00:57

Hi all hope you find it and this is the first.

lecohen Tue 23-Jun-09 18:07:42

good thread title lol...didn't find the same probs with the infinity I had, no movement in seat or handlebar

Knickers0nMaHead Tue 23-Jun-09 18:14:34

Nor here. Although there is a slight wobble to one of the Icoos back wheels. Im really peeved with the jeep. Just noticed it has a tear on the hood too. Used 5times my arse. My own stupid fault for not giving it a proper check before taking it, but ds was screaming for a feed.

Just popping by to rofl at the thread title - nice one!

Loola - give me the good the bad and the ugly, considering one now they are cheap at Argos grin

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 18:20:07

no no no TOMP they are awful so damned heavy with anything but a newborn up kerbs are awful. no!! i think the loola up supposed to be better. found the streety similar too.

knickers i bought a p&t once off ebay collection only, managed to get refund as not as described i couldn't stop and check it over properly as ds3 screaming head off in lounge and they showed it to me over really fast in a dark hallway so i didn't notice the imperfections til i got home. how much was it?

FlyMeToDunoon Tue 23-Jun-09 18:25:47

Ha just think the Infinity I have has been around the block more times than DDs have refused hot dinners.
grin

Have emailed Snunkie to ask about a handle bar cover for it though as it has nicks and splits. Has anyone had a cover for a pushchair handle before and if so what material was it made of. Can't think what would be a good material for one - fleece?

Knickers0nMaHead Tue 23-Jun-09 18:28:42

it was 50 but we did a 150mile round trip to collect it too! Travelled more yesterday for the lime one, and apart from having to wait in durham 5 hours, im pleased with it. I never found the loola to be heavy even with dd in but thats just my opinion

is that a def no then Nicola? wink I was surprised to look on Argos and see it's only 7kg (allegedly!) though? That's not heavy at all?

FMTD - bagabottle?

FlyMeToDunoon Tue 23-Jun-09 18:31:06

Bagabottle do ones for the Bugaboo cam. Do they take comissions for other types?

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 18:36:27

you'll see if you use one honestly not heavy to push but not nice particularly felt cumbersome, you always see alot for sale on ebay i think too grin but worth it at that price to try it check completed listings see what they go for!

4andnotout Tue 23-Jun-09 19:30:33

fmtd I didn't think you would check your clothing thread so i'll try to catch you here! The Zara dress arrived today and is fantastic thanks so much! DD3 will look so cute in it!

misdee Tue 23-Jun-09 19:51:50

TOMP, i checked the weight on the bebe confort site. its 7kg for the chassis and 3kg for the seat.

i am still thinking i'll get one, as it ticks all the boxes and will fit under the stairs. but am just looking for any cheaper ones atm.

5inthebed Tue 23-Jun-09 20:29:14

It was me SGK for the bug clips, will check board now.

LOL @ thread title. Very clever.

Took DS3 around town in Bugaboo today. Was lovely to be able to see his little face while we were out and about.

basl Tue 23-Jun-09 20:34:51

Evening, well the bjce has arrived today and what a row this has caused. It is huge but i do really like it. My husband was so shocked when i took it out of the box. He could not get over the size of the wheels, the fact it is black and the sheer size of it. He was so mad with me. He thought i was getting the city mini with air tyres oooops. He said he thought the green city mini was by far the best stroller i have had and what the (beep) was i thinking??? Well i have to say i do really think it will be great for the walks to nursery but i have just let him know i have ordered a little stroller for when the elite is too big to take along and he thinks i am crazy. He said he hates those crapy little four wheel things and i had it all with the city mini. I was so upset and took ds for a walk with pjs on as it is a lovely evening and visited my mum who shouted not another pram oh that other one was lovely oh this one looks like a wheel chair. Well i am a bit upset about the whole thing and just waiting for all the remarks at the nursery tomorrow. I did love the walk and my dd who is 4 asked for a quick spin so i could not refuse. She loved it and said yeah i get the green one daniel gets the black one and burst into tears when i told her the green was sold. Anyway i will stop going on now but i do really like it.

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 20:38:52

basl don't worry, dh's rarely understand, my mother just rolls her eyes, but she understands it is my only indulgence so lets me get away with it, im sure it is lovely, can't wait for pics tho please with ds!!

oh and i just won this....

do you think its any good?

basl Tue 23-Jun-09 20:41:30

OMG what a bargain, that does look lovely and what a price. That is prob why this is bothering me so much as i paid full wack for this but sure i will love it.

Knickers0nMaHead Tue 23-Jun-09 20:57:07

wow, what a bargain nic! Basl, dont let dh get you down. My dp is really peed off that i have four buggies in the house, p&t, two infinitys and a mac twin blush

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 21:06:51

basl i would love a BJCE i think they are worth it to me going on looks only, they have alot of features and look comfy, you will be able to walk in the woods now, on the beach it will be lovely over summer! don't worry!

basl Tue 23-Jun-09 21:07:55

thats a lot of buggies lol that sounds great it is just so tempting when you hear someone talking about one and you see how great it looks and then before you know it you have one. Those infinitys do look great. Although my ds is in a really funny stage at the mom as he cries when he can see me and wants out to get out. So looking at the world going by works for us. Well for just now (did i just say that)

That's some bargain Nicola shock envy

I haven't bought anything in ages sad what can I buy grin

Misdee - Argos blurb very misleading then hmm

basl Tue 23-Jun-09 21:20:30

thanks everyone i do feel much better. When i was out it did feel i was pushing the bebecar i had that i loved so much that did not have air tyres but mega suspension but sadly they grew out of so quickly. Without sounding stupid when do i need to pump up the tyres??? Will i know and what makes them go down. I take it i will need to buy the baby jogger pump.

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 21:20:37

Tomp hows the minding going atm? i had to leave my course as so much going on rather gutted but im struggling as it is!

lecohen Tue 23-Jun-09 21:25:03

Nice one Nic...did my review sway you? lol

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Jun-09 21:31:24

no i'd already decided grin but thanks for comprehensive review!!

lecohen Tue 23-Jun-09 21:31:45

basl, hiya, wouldn't have thought you need the JG pump, any one will be fine I am sure...you can take the wheels to a cycle shop and have them slimed (I did that with my Frog)...it's a preventativ measure for punctures and seals them if you get one, you can ask the opeople in store to explain better. Should only cost about £7-8 for them to do it for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now