Talk

Advanced search

Kari-me sling instructions??

(8 Posts)
llynnnn Tue 23-Jun-09 16:24:30

Hi

This is possibly a stab in the dark, but the link on their website isnt working and I was wondering if anyone had any instructions for the Kari Me slings (or similar) that they could email me?

I bought the sling from my friend and have no idea how it works and have a screaming baby now! I know i shouldnt leave things until the last second! blush

Many thanks in advance for your help!

ChocolateRabbit Tue 23-Jun-09 16:31:24

Okay, is there a booklet with the bag and sling? otherwise I'll try and take you through it!

Unravel the sling and put the kari me sign against your tummy. Hold both ends. Throw the right hand end over your left shoulder from back to front (i.e. bring it round your back and over your left shoulder) leave it to dangle and do the same with the other side.

Both ends should now be hanging down over your boobs. Tighten sling round your middle and pull both ends to make a bit tighter.

feed both ends through the piece round your middle with the kari me sign on it and cross them over to make an X shape across your chest with the ends. Wrap both ends rounds your back and bring them back forwards, then tie together.

Hope this makes sense.

BelleWatling Tue 23-Jun-09 16:31:57

Gosh, if I had a scanner (!) I would scan mine in but here goes.

Place the Kari Me logo by your belly button with the ends behind you.

Cross the ends behind you and put over the shoulder so you have a cross across the top of your back.

Pull the ends through the front 'apron' and cross behind your hips / waist (according to how tight you want it, how comfortable you are) and bring ends around to your front.

Tie the ends with a double not securely.

Adjust the shoulders so they are spread across so you won't get to much strain.

You should now look like a jedi knight or member of Spandau Ballet

Bring one shoulder down and place baby front or back facing. Pull up shoulder and then do same with other side. Baby should now be 'tied to you'

Pull the 'logo' / 'apron' bit from under baby's legs and wrap around him/her securely.

Twist and shake making sure baby does not fall out. smile

Go and have fun.
[prays this is clear]

ChocolateRabbit Tue 23-Jun-09 16:32:16

Oh and Very Imp. Practice a few times before trying it with your baby. But it is a fab sling.

BelleWatling Tue 23-Jun-09 16:33:51

[not as clear as Chocolate Rabbit's]

llynnnn Tue 23-Jun-09 16:39:44

thank you! i do now look very wrapped up! will try it out and hope and pray I dont drop her hmm!

thanks again!

Dysgu Tue 23-Jun-09 16:56:33

I have a kari Me but also have a hugabub.

Go to www.hugabub.com/flex/tying_the_hugabub/89/1

try it a couple of times and then you will be able to do it blindfolded!

Good luck!

llynnnn Tue 23-Jun-09 18:07:23

thanks dysgu - that link is great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now