Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone with a phil & teds double ? advice please

(6 Posts)
mieowcat Tue 23-Jun-09 11:20:25

we have a phil & teds pushchair, which seems great. but, our 8 week old baby seems to get unsettled quickly in the cocoon bit. has anyone used the second seat for a young baby sooner than the recommended 6 months? my 17 mo loves the seat so shes happy!
thankyou.

differentID Tue 23-Jun-09 11:23:09

you don't have to use the cocoon. You can strap LO into the normal seat and it's perfectly safe and confortable for them.
TBH, I'm not surprised you lo seems unsettled, it's quite a warm thing to be in, the cocoon.

Twopeasmum Tue 23-Jun-09 11:26:25

When my daughter was about 3 mths she hated being in the lying down position of the P and T and I worried a bit about her size and the back seat but she took to it fine. We also ended up with having the older sibling in the back and her in the front. He could get in and out as much as he pleased whilst she was cosy up front.

I know they make the doubles seat more reclinable than mine now as it is a good 4+ years old now so would be even better. I would say make sure you have blankets or something to give protection from the sun if baby is in the back.

bethoo Tue 23-Jun-09 11:29:19

i would not bother withthe cocoon as esp in this weather would be too hot! my daughter laid flat til she was jsut about 6 months then went in the little seat at the back. i never bothered getting a cocoon and just had her wrapped in blankets.

Sunshinemummy Tue 23-Jun-09 11:30:31

Yes I moved DD earlier as she stopped enjoying being in the reclined position. I tended to use the footmuff thing to give her extra padding, even if it was open on a hot day.

mieowcat Tue 23-Jun-09 11:47:28

oh thanks all, im glad you all did move them. he just hates being laid flat and he fusses after a few minutes so shopping is no fun! i will try him in the back seat now and make sure he is padded safely!
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now