Talk

Advanced search

portable black out blinds

(17 Posts)
babybillandsplodge Tue 23-Jun-09 10:37:35

Have just been on holiday with our one year old DS - had a lovely time but the lack of black out blinds at the window played havoc with his sleeping times sad!

5am wake up, when he usually wakes up at 7am!

So I was wondering whether there is anywhere I can buy portable black out blinds that we can take with us when we go and stay at grandparents/friends/holiday?

If not, please could someone invent some! grin

TIA smile.

rubyslippers Tue 23-Jun-09 10:38:48

you can always put towels or an extra sheet over the window

make sure the room doesn't get too hot - you can leave the window open a bit

spicemonster Tue 23-Jun-09 10:39:24

Ta-dah! Absolute lifesave IMO

spicemonster Tue 23-Jun-09 10:39:48

Lifesaver even

WineFlu Tue 23-Jun-09 10:39:49

Search the web for Baa Baa blinds - I think that's the name, They stick to any window with suckers and are brilliant!

FagAshLil Tue 23-Jun-09 10:41:07

I've got one, its called a baa baa blind (or something like that!)
I think I got it from bump2three. I'll check what its called when I go up next smile

FagAshLil Tue 23-Jun-09 10:41:41

Lol x posts!

babybillandsplodge Tue 23-Jun-09 10:42:15

Wow! You guys are quick - and good! grin

They look perfect - wish I'd thought about it before we went away! blush

I'm off to order my life savers now grin.

WineFlu Tue 23-Jun-09 10:43:00

ha ha snap - fab blinds

babybillandsplodge Tue 23-Jun-09 10:53:51

Just for info, baa baa blinds aren't made anymore as they've been taken over by 'gro' and are now called gro anywhere blinds, link here:

gro anywhere blinds

Have just ordered mine smile.

usernametaken Tue 23-Jun-09 12:38:44

We got a Baabaablind last week...just in the nick of time it seems. I am so impressed an well rested now! DD has slept through to 7am every morning.
The best 30quid we've spent in a long time!

It folds up to A4 size so easy to pack and it is easy to put up.

spicemonster Tue 23-Jun-09 14:47:22

Phew me too - I have mine up at home too because it's much better than my blackout curtains! I'm glad gro haven't put the prices up and hope they compensated Lavinia generously for her brilliant idea

missusp Tue 23-Jun-09 16:37:03

call it over kill if you like but we've got a black out roller blind and a baa baa blind on my DD's window. I'm getting a whole nights sleep tho!

jamest Tue 23-Jun-09 19:45:01

We had offered a discount last week to mumsnetters on a thread - quote MUMSNET for 15% discount at The Flower Stork.

rjc11 Thu 25-Jun-09 18:43:44

We bought a 'baa baa gro blind' and a 'go anywhere velcro blind'. We were not overly impressed with either of them but the velcro go anywhere was more effective and easier to use if you roll in the sides and top, better colour to avoid heating up the room. Is there a more effective product out there?

rjc11 Thu 25-Jun-09 19:10:18

We bought a 'baa baa gro blind' and a 'go anywhere velcro blind'. We were not overly impressed with either of them but the velcro go anywhere was more effective and easier to use if you roll in the sides and top, better colour to avoid heating up the room. Is there a more effective product out there?

ilovelonny80 Thu 07-Jul-11 10:43:44

I'm not completely convinced about this blind... It is a good concept but still on the pricey side. Maybe we were just unlucky as to the window frames we had, but the thing just wouldn't stay up properly and came unstuck in the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now