Talk

Advanced search

Magnetic child safety locks

(6 Posts)
LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 20:39:35

Having proudly fitted a set of those plastic latches yesterday, only to have one break off in my hand tonight I'm wondering whether those magnetc locks for cupboard doors are good. More importantly, I'm wondering if DH and I are going to be totally annoyed by having to use the key all the time.

Are they worth the approximately £20 we'd need to get kitted out, or shall I buy a lot of the cheaper plastic locks and just replace them when they break. Of course, if they go at the rate of one a day, it won't be cheaper. hmm

What's the MN verdict?

LadyOfWaffle Mon 22-Jun-09 20:42:04

I have plastic all round my kitchen - my 3 yr old tugs and tugs and none have broken. Maybe it was abit dodgy? Mine were from Mothercare

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 20:47:54

Mine were from Boots and they seemed fab as nice and tight. IT was me that snapped it. I don't think her wee fingers could do it at all.

HeinzSight Mon 22-Jun-09 20:53:28

I have those magnetic locks fitted on my kitchen cupboards. TBH they are quite temperamental. In our case our cupboard doors are thicker than the max recommended for the magnets to work.

I'd say as long as your doors aren't too thick, you should be OK. Large Boots stores sell them FYI.

HTH smile

HeinzSight Mon 22-Jun-09 20:55:05

these are identical to the more expensive ones I bought online earlier in the yr angry

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 21:05:41

Thanks Heinz. I'll have a look annd see about the thickness of our doors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now