Talk

Advanced search

Contact Lens for sensitive Eyes......recommendations please

(8 Posts)
Amber71 Mon 22-Jun-09 20:37:28

I have just started using lens again and in need of some new ones (weeklys).

I called optician today to see what make I had (remember tying one brand that was to much irritation) and she said they have changed supplier.

I am keen to order from Internet as much cheaper and need some advice.

gigglewitch Mon 22-Jun-09 20:43:31

I use fortnightly ones called acuvue advance, as post dc I became sensitive to all sorts of things and had protein deposits on the lenses with alarming regularity (even though I have used soft lenses for 20yrs) These things have a high liquid content and are breathable. I also had to look into the solutions I used and had to try a few before finding one that didn't kick off my eczema around the eye area.

Amber71 Mon 22-Jun-09 20:45:58

thanks giggle, I'll look into them.

gigglewitch Mon 22-Jun-09 20:51:50

ha ha ha
(you'll look into them grin)

swissmiss Mon 22-Jun-09 21:04:10

Ditto giggle on acuvue advance.

Apologies if you already know this - on-line orders will only supply against a current contact lens prescription so if you're last one is over 12 mths old you'll need to get a sight test and have a contact lens fitting at an opticians. Legally they then have to give you a copy of your prescription which you can then fax/email to the on-line company. I've got 9mths left so I can only order 9mths worth on my next order. Hope that makes sense. I signed up to Donald and Aitchison on their website and got a 1/2 price sight test and free c/l fitting so only had to pay £13,50. I then bought a months worth of lenses from them but am ordering rest on-line.

Amber71 Mon 22-Jun-09 21:10:27

thanks swiss, was not aware you needed to send current rpescription when ordering on line (just had new eye test, but lens prescription years old)

Oops, will need to sort that out.

swissmiss Mon 22-Jun-09 21:22:34

Amber - [[ http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/health/Cheap-Contact-Lenses this]] is worth a read imo.

swissmiss Mon 22-Jun-09 21:23:46

link again! Oops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now