Talk

Advanced search

best suncream in your opinion!

(23 Posts)
spiderinthebath Mon 22-Jun-09 19:40:11

off to Cyprus where it will be hot, hot, hot! just wondering if anyone had used a once a day suncream and if they are any good? I think I need hypoallergenic for the kids as they always get rashy from others...any recommendations?

Furball Tue 23-Jun-09 06:05:40

what about sunsuits for the kids then you can half (or more depending on length of suit) your cream use if they are sensitive to it.

spiderinthebath Tue 23-Jun-09 11:20:35

Got sunsuits, they are fab, but just for the other bits!

Coalman Tue 23-Jun-09 11:33:12

The only sunscreen I have tried that does not irritate my dermatitis is asda own brand. NOT the Great Stuff one.

The piz buin once a day one caused a terrible reaction on my hands. I've tried various hypo allergenic ones with no luck yet.

A once a day one would be great for my children, but it just hurts too much for me to apply it.

Shall watch this with interest.

expatinscotland Tue 23-Jun-09 11:33:48

ultrasun. it costs a bomb, but it's worth it!

cloudedyellow Tue 23-Jun-09 12:12:00

Which recommend Asda Sun System Protection and Boots Soltan moisturising suncare lotion. I think the Soltan one does a 'sensitive' one.

amazonianwoman Tue 23-Jun-09 13:45:41

Another vote for Ultrasun once a day (the higher factor 28 one)

It's the only sunscreen I don't get prickly heat with, and it stops you burning/tanning.

Galava Tue 23-Jun-09 13:47:56

I like the piz buin.

And also boots soltan.

anything else brings me out in red spots ... and I'm not an overly sensitive type of soul.

dalek Wed 24-Jun-09 13:02:24

Another vote for Ultrasun but also like proderm - both once a day

MumHadEnough Wed 24-Jun-09 13:03:36

Piz Buin One Day Long and Bergaderm Mousse.

scattykatty Wed 24-Jun-09 18:58:30

Boots Soltan baby is excellent grin

maxybrown Thu 25-Jun-09 07:48:49

We use Simple....it isn't an all day jobby but good. My sister has severe nickle allergy and anything on her hands now makes them flare up, this is the only one that doesn't. Also the Boots one always stains clothing....you will find a lot say that on them anyway, but Boots one def does. Ambre solaire kids doesn't grin and not had problem with Simple. You can get baby simple in home bargains for £2.99 grin

cloudedyellow Thu 25-Jun-09 17:28:54

A friend just recommended P20. Never heard of it, but she says it's excellent and only one application needed.

MumHadEnough Thu 25-Jun-09 22:37:28

Used to use P20 before I discovered PB One Day Long, its def far superior, have never looked back. Oh and P20 stains your clothes! hmm

cloudedyellow Fri 26-Jun-09 20:26:12

Oh thanks for that tip MHE.

amazonianwoman Fri 26-Jun-09 20:53:34

P20 gave me the worst prickly heat ever. And it still lets you tan, ie lets UVA rays through - which are known to cause deeper skin damage.

MumHadEnough Fri 26-Jun-09 23:39:42

Gave me Prickly heat too Amazonian, I used to suffer terribly with it. The PB adl seems to have stopped it though grin

amazonianwoman Sat 27-Jun-09 18:11:38

Does the PB not stain? Might give it a try

MaryBS Sat 27-Jun-09 18:14:04

I like the PB, all the family use it, and no it doesn't stain.

MumHadEnough Sat 27-Jun-09 18:43:31

I second that, but then we always give it ten minutes to dry before we get dressed.

I found the P20 stained if you were sweating, or wet from the pool it stained your towels a horrible sweaty yellow colour.

Milliways Sat 27-Jun-09 18:54:04

Bergaderm Sun Mousse (was Proderm) is ace - but seems to be re-branded again this year to just Sun Mousse which might explain why I couldn't see it in the shop!

It was designed for skin with eczema etc, lasts 6-8 hours, waterproof, and rubs in really easily. My Ginger DS has never burned with this stuff on.

MumHadEnough Sat 27-Jun-09 19:40:10

Agree Bergaderm is good too.

Bought some and put it on ds last week. He then decided to sneak the tin out and give all the kids in the street some too! angry. I could have killed him!

PerfectPrefect Sat 27-Jun-09 19:42:25

I like the piz bruin "all day" suncream. Rubs in nicely for an all day cream.

Do remember though that an "all day" cream is actually only 6hrs so will still need to be reapplied lunchtime/early afteroon.

Can't comment on sensitivity though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now