Talk

Advanced search

Boys first walking shoes - with buckles. Do they exist?

(10 Posts)
piprabbit Mon 22-Jun-09 11:52:22

My DS has just started walking (about a size 4) and needs some new shoes. He undoes the velcro on his current pair and drops them whenever he thinks I'm not looking. Has anyone come across first walking shoes with buckles? All ideas are welcome. Many thanks.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

samandted Mon 22-Jun-09 12:14:31

Hi
Start rite do a couple like this,

www.startriteshoes.com/childrens-shoes/boys/0180_0/TICKLE_TOT

If not then it tends to be european makes with buckles.

My ds is the same, and finding buckles can be a nightmare.

Bex

jeee Mon 22-Jun-09 12:16:58

Samandted is right - start rite. I only use start rite until my dcs learn to dress themselves. But unfortunately my not-quite-2 year old has discovered how to undo buckles.

fairimum Mon 22-Jun-09 12:18:46

was going to day something from startrite www.startriteshoes.com/childrens-shoes/boys/6605_5/BUZZ_OFF!
or clarks doodles - my SIL got some for me nephew just after xmas but maybe they were 'winter' ones!

piprabbit Mon 22-Jun-09 17:01:25

Thanks everyone, unfortunately according to the start-rite website the only boys shoes with buckles are pre-walkers or canvas... and I think I need some sturdy leather ones (DS uses his feet as brakes on the trike...of course hmm) My DD was never this complicated...

PortAndLemon Mon 22-Jun-09 17:02:49

What about laces tied in double knots? That's what we did for DS's first shoes.

piprabbit Mon 22-Jun-09 18:44:02

Thanks Portandlemon - will I still be able to undo them after he's spent a morning fiddling with the laces?

PortAndLemon Mon 22-Jun-09 20:01:56

I should think so; didn't seem to be a problem for us, at any rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now