Talk

Advanced search

ironing boards- boring i know- does anyone have the folding one from argos?

(14 Posts)
abermum Mon 22-Jun-09 10:58:49

i'm looking for a new ironing board to use with a steam generator, i have an argos gift card, wanting to know if anyone has this one as the ironing surface is HUGE and it stores nicely- looked at the reviews and i'm quite willing to put an extra piece of foam to pad it out a bit- but really just want to see if any mn'ers have one and see what they think.

link here www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8500650/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|12108409/c _2/2|cat_12108409|Laundry+and+cleaning|12108453/c_3/3|cat_12108453|Ironing+boards+and+ironing+board+ covers|12108458.htm

moshie Mon 22-Jun-09 19:21:33

I had that one, a faff to unfold and it didn't fold down as much as I wanted it to because it's so big. I've bought a smaller one now because I don't iron much anyway. Now I think about it, I bought the new one in the January sales and it's still in the packaging. Still, it takes up less room than the folding one.

PersonalClown Mon 22-Jun-09 19:34:42

I have it as it's the only one that stands tall enough for me!!
The only issue I have with it is the amount of padding on the board.. it's minimal but if you put any extra on, you can't fold the board up properly.
Not that I care as I only bought it for the height!!
If you are going to store it floor standing, it's fab!!
I have no problems with the unfolding etc once you know how to do it!

tibni Mon 22-Jun-09 19:42:59

Had it, hated it - it broke!

Far too much fuss to put up and down - even after I got used to it, it was never easy.

Sorry but really would not recommend it.

Saltire Mon 22-Jun-09 19:50:02

I have it. Its currently jammed at 1 ft high though

tassisssss Mon 22-Jun-09 19:56:36

I have it. It's good and tall but a complete pain to put up and down.

abermum Mon 22-Jun-09 20:32:27

bugger- i figured the lack of response (you know- hated it, it killed my pet kangaroo and such like grin) was a good thing and i went to get it earlier.

In my defence, it will be used sparingly wink in fact i am about to do my annual ironing tasks with it!

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 20:41:37

Abermum - I've been eyeing up that too, so thanks for that post. I'll know better now. wink

abermum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:31:50

ha ha blardy ha!!! Actually- i'm using it now (well until i was distracted grin) its ok, but then i'm still in shock that i am ironing shock I am a little out of practice, i gave the boys their uniform earlier and ds3 said "mummy why have you put all these lines in my shirt" blush i'm crap at ironing blush

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 21:35:52

LOL

I swear I didn't know it was you until I got to the bottom of the thread and saw your name!

abermum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:38:37

i'm guessing mine was the last name you'd expect on an ironing thread grin but i get bored these days wink that is i get bored when i'm not digging out nurseryware's number!! winkgrin

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 21:40:39

It wouldn't do for you to sit down and relax, now would it?

LaTrucha Mon 22-Jun-09 21:41:55

Psst .. Abermum! The bath's running over..... wink

abermum Mon 22-Jun-09 21:46:11

jesus- sit down and relax- are you mad!!! and tonight i am NOT running a bath- me and the bedroom carpet have had one too many incidents in the last few weeks grin

i am sitting ironing matalan's finest garments on my new argos ironing board which may be crap but as i am unaccustomed to these things i think it is fab grin

You will recognise me at the pool- i shall be in a crumpled outfit- which you should congratulate me on as i will have ironed it blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now