Talk

Advanced search

does anyone have 3 rear-facing car seats across the back seat?

(16 Posts)
thisisyesterday Sun 21-Jun-09 20:39:54

just wondering if it's do-able?
or at the very least 2 rear facing and one forward facing highback booster?

Verity79 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:00:41

My DH has a Mazda Premacy and we can get a Britax Nordic Secura, a Nania baby bucket thingie (don't know the name of the model) and a Britax 2-Way Elite all rear facing. Not yet had 3 DCs in the seats since I'm still PG with no. 3 but I had to try it out before we started trying to conceive blush just in case we couldn't do it and needed a new car for 3 DCs.

Our back seat is three adult sized independant seats with 3-point seat belts so if a car seat doesn't go over the edge of the seat we can get 3 in.

I phoned up these people and I got great advice. We're going there over the summer to get the fit checked as well as them looking at the Nania seat as it is a real cheapy to see if there is a better model on the market now that also fits.

HTH.

Verity79 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:02:25

Oh and hello TIY! I just realised who I was posting to!!! Have you had DC3 yet?

poorbuthappy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:05:11

We have a VW touran, and have rear facing seats on the outside with a high back booster in the middle...

oooggs Sun 21-Jun-09 21:08:26

I used to have 2 rear facing and a Britax Isofix in the back of my Picasso

Then went to 1 rear facing, a britax isofix and a maxi cosi rodi.

Then 2 x britax isofix and a maxi cosi rodi

then.................. a C8 as dc4 arrived grin

HeinzSight Sun 21-Jun-09 21:08:37

thisisyesterday, there's an in car safety centre in Milton Keynes too if it's any nearer to you.

link here

smile

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Jun-09 21:17:28

yes, DC3 arrived a week ago! another boy as I suspected

milton keynes or essex one both do-able actually and I suspect that's the best thing to do.

we have a volvo, so i know I can get their own car seats but not sure how they rate safety-wise or anything

HeinzSight Sun 21-Jun-09 21:21:04

Congratulations thisisyesterday!!! How're you feeling?

I'd def go to one of the in car safety centres. I think the two centres know each other pretty well too. They have SOOO many different seats in stock.

Verity79 Sun 21-Jun-09 21:25:13

Congrats thisisyesterday! How are things going? I guess we'll see you at 'cafe' soon? I'm training to be a peer supporter now (no point putting 3 years+ of experience to waste!)

Oh I'm having girl no.3 now so I guess our DCs could all triple date when older wink

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Jun-09 21:26:08

am feeling fine, despite my whirlwind labour and birth lol

birth story is here for anyone interested lol

Egg Sun 21-Jun-09 21:40:48

am sure ford s-max would work as we tried it with 2 rear facing jane rebels and one huge maxi cosi priorifix and it was fine.

HeinzSight Mon 22-Jun-09 20:58:10

quick question, does the s-max have three full width seats on the second row?

Loopymumsy Mon 22-Jun-09 21:09:46

Message withdrawn

FairLadyRantALot Mon 22-Jun-09 21:12:39

well...we have a Fiat Multipla, which has 6 full seats and therefore it would be possibly to put 5 rearfacing seats in there...

thisisyesterday Mon 22-Jun-09 21:12:52

sorry, should havesaid, we are notplanning on gettng a new car.
only just got one lol. volvo v70, which fits o9ur 3 current seats fine,. but now wondering about upgrading seats lol

HeinzSight Sat 27-Jun-09 20:53:46

thisisyesterday, just read your birth story.... WOW!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now