Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 door cars with two child seats

(6 Posts)
virago Sun 21-Jun-09 20:15:53

I'm considering buying a small hatchback, and will have to flip the front seat forward to get both dc's into their car seats. Dh says I'm mad even to consider it, and I'll be pissed off with the car and have a bad back to boot after a month, but I really like the car. What do you think?

thisisyesterday Sun 21-Jun-09 20:16:43

i think your dh is right

Thegreenfliesareonme Sun 21-Jun-09 20:24:28

He's right - I have a beooootiful, sexy little red 3 door hatchback & no little ones, & it's a pita - the doors open so wide I'm always accidentally banging gently bumping them into neighbouring cars in car parks. It would be hell to load/unload your dcs, seats, etc - if you can afford it, go for a nice Picasso or a Scenic - lots of room.

HerBeatitudeLittleBella Sun 21-Jun-09 20:28:02

I have a 3 door and 2 DC's in car-seats at the back, I don't see the problem. But the car seats remain in all the time.

sazm Fri 26-Jun-09 00:36:22

personally i wouldnt,for the safety aspect as well as the fact it would drive you mad lol,
my friend had a lovely sporty 3 door car,which decided to develop an electrical fault and burst into flames while he was driving it,luckily his kids were at home,heres NO way he could have got them out of the back of the car,where-as if he had the extra doors he could have got them out that way,
i sold my lovely little 3 door car a few weeks later and have never had another,neither has my friend!

MaybeAfterBreakfast Fri 26-Jun-09 09:15:03

PITA trying to get sleeping children out of one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now