Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had any problems when washing bugaboo fleece fabrics?

(6 Posts)
suwoo Sun 21-Jun-09 17:06:54

Just washed my breezy hood at 30 degrees and in a pillow case. It has gone 'funny' and now looks like it has lots of 'worms' in the fabric. It is hard to describe, but its like one of the layers of double thickness fabric has wrinkled into 'worm shapes' and won't straighten out.

What are my chances of a refund/exchange? Thankfully I actually bought it from a shop not Ebay (makes a bloody change). Do I contact bugaboo direct or the pram shop?

Ta.

suwoo Sun 21-Jun-09 17:41:48

bump

carrielou2007 Sun 21-Jun-09 18:05:25

This is a well known issue with the bug fabrics. Contact where you got them from and they should exchange them. I had his with my first set of fleeces, thought I must have don something wrong. Last July they were half price in Mothercare so I bought a new set. Same thing.

On advice from here I took them back to Mothercare but you know how crap they are, they refused to replace them (I stil had my receipt) and even when I ran Bugaboo UK they said I had to take it up with the retailer. I suspect if I had bought it in John Lewis it would be a very different result!!

TeaandCake Mon 22-Jun-09 10:11:44

There was a batch of hoods which went 'funny' in the wash. Basically, the fire retardant reacted badly in the wash and made the two layers stick together.

Your retailer should contact Bugaboo and arrange a replacement. They will want your serial no from the chassis of the buggy and to confirm the date of purchase so they (Bugaboo) can match up batch numbers and dates etc.

A new hood will prob have to be ordered from Bugaboo but they usually just replace it with no hassle.

suwoo Mon 22-Jun-09 13:34:16

Yeah, thats what its like the two layers feel lie they are sticky inside and have stuck together. It wasn't bought with the pram- I bought it seperately last summer.

Will ring the retailer today. Thank you.

suwoo Mon 22-Jun-09 16:12:03

I've called the pram shop and the manager said exactly the same as you teaandcake, about the fire retardant material. He said it was only a problem in the UK but wasn't as common with the breezy's it was more the normal hoods. He also said it occured mainly 3 or 4 years ago and he hadn't heard of any instances lately.

He has ordered me a new one and will exchange it no problem.

Result grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now