Talk

Advanced search

can't find a forward facing car seat suitable for our freelander.. help!

(11 Posts)
katherine2008 Sat 20-Jun-09 16:14:35

just been to Halfords and the assistant tried and failed to fit the Maxi Cosis and the Britax (various reasons including not long enought seat belt, buckle in way etc). which left us with a choice of nothing.. does anyone else have a 2002 freelander and an 'officially fitted' forward facing car seat - and what fitted?!!! or advice as to who to talk to?! thank you!

choufleur Sat 20-Jun-09 19:10:27

have you tried going to mothercare? i found them much more helpful than halfords - i don't have a freelanders though - they were just generally better.

LIZS Sat 20-Jun-09 19:13:34

have you checked the Britax website Fitfinder ?

SazzlesA Sat 20-Jun-09 19:15:23

Message withdrawn

differentID Sat 20-Jun-09 19:16:22

go to mothercare and ask them to try the Britax Prince and the Eclipse. you may need to fit the eclipse into the centre seat in the back.

SazzlesA Sat 20-Jun-09 19:24:49

Message withdrawn

katherine2008 Sun 21-Jun-09 08:15:13

thank you so much, we'll go to Mothercare and try the Britax Prince and Eclipse - we don't have a lap belt sadly... my husband, who has been researching all evening asks me to pass on his thanks - he thinks Mumsnet is brilliant!!!

mpuddleduck Mon 22-Jun-09 00:27:04

I have a discovery and the eclipse fits in this.
I had a battle with mothercare over a car seat fitting once. so double check that the seat doesn't move at all once strapped in, and the buckle doesn't crunch on the seat yourself as well.

Metatron Mon 22-Jun-09 01:02:22

kiddy car seats fit fine in my freelander. They are pretty much universal fit due to the way the are fitted. They get great reviews too.

missusp Mon 22-Jun-09 14:13:29

I have the maxi cosi priori xp in our freelander and all fits fine. Have used for both DS & now DD. Don't think we had it professionally fitted though.

katherine2008 Mon 22-Jun-09 18:11:04

went to Mothercare who fitted the Maxi Cosi Tobi fine! so thank you for all advice. DD loves facing forward - she looked like she had won the lottery this morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now