Talk

Advanced search

I need a shopping trolley................

(29 Posts)
FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 15:02:46

I have scoured the MN threads on the subject - and there are lots and lots and LOTS of fantastic links to 2 wheeled trolleys. They're great, they're funky, some of them are really cheap......

BUT

I need a 4 wheeler, yes I know they're not as funky or trendy but having dragged nearly 2 weeks worth of shopping back with my 2 wheeler today (not as nice as the ones I've seen linked to on here I'm afraid) it's just not going to cut the mustard......

I neeed a nice, 4 wheeled, preferably not tartan one.........that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Can you help me - I can only find lovely 2 wheelers and I nearly expired this morning dragging that shopping home on 2 wheels..........

Seona1973 Sat 20-Jun-09 20:10:51

this is great for old people [wink]

Seona1973 Sat 20-Jun-09 20:14:29

this ok?

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 20:40:23

Seona - that one is tiny - same capacity as my current one (30 litres).

2nd one a bit grannyish too with the handles.

However since posting this thread I have seen this and fallen in love with it blush.

It's not quite the funky look I was looking for (there are 1000's of funky 2 wheelers) but I still like it.

And I worked out that if I only did a fortnightly shop, a taxi home each fortnight would cost me £83 a year..........£51 for that trolley including postage...and I usually do more than 1 heavy load of shopping a fortnight.......

ChippyMinton Sat 20-Jun-09 20:41:59

is on-line shopping delivery an option?

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 20:45:37

no - you can't get selected 2nds and stuff from the market online wink

I want a trolley...........

Isaidno Sat 20-Jun-09 20:46:08

I love my shopping trolley - I have the typhoon zebra stripe 2 wheeler.

I think that one looks lovely and big, and you can justify the cost by saving on petrol, delivery costs, taxis, etc etc

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 20:49:57

Isaidno - I know there are so many gorgeous ones that are 2 wheels - but after nearly killing myself up the hill today trying to do a balancing act with bags on top of the already heavy bulging trolling I realised I really do need a 4 wheeler hmm <<<<<<wonders if she could start up a business selling funky 4 wheel shopping trolleys for those of us that are not embarrassed to be seen with them but need the 4 wheels>>>>>>>>>>> grin

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 20-Jun-09 20:55:29

Message withdrawn

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 20:59:44

I need the inner space - I carried back about 6 bags tided to the top of the (already full) trolley. The problem was the weight of it. Trying to hold up the weight of all that stuff on 2 wheels was too much grin.

So what do you think of the one I like???? It's not too bad is it????

(as a comparison this is the one I currently have here

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 20-Jun-09 21:39:11

Message withdrawn

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 21:46:18

but it would pay for itself in just a couple of months......as I would no longer be paing £3.20 a taxi to get my shopping home.........

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 20-Jun-09 21:50:05

Message withdrawn

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 21:55:05

plus for a 4 wheeler with a decent capacity from what I've found so far in my searches it's not actually that expensive - and I like the idea of swivel wheels when I'm carting back a huge trolley full of shopping grin

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 20-Jun-09 21:58:05

Message withdrawn

FrannyandZooey Sat 20-Jun-09 22:01:34

damn you i now want to buy the huge 6 wheeler one! it is fab and well worth the money IMO (i say this as seasoned trolley owner who uses hers virtually every day)

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:06:11

SGM - I can only find one on JW.......and it's a 2 wheeler with a much smaller capacity........

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:07:37

oooo Franny - do you approve of my choice then (I know from looking at older threads that you're a trollyholic wink) and know your stuff grin

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 20-Jun-09 22:18:36

Message withdrawn

EyeballsandherSunburntNorks Sat 20-Jun-09 22:19:57

I this what buggy-huns move onto when their dc outgrow the pushchair stage. Bloody hell, I'd better get pg again quick!

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:20:43

shock £90 for a 2 wheeler!!!!

mind you having said that I also found this shockhmm grin

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:21:40

Eyeballs - DS3 is still firmly in his pushchair grin

(and tbh the new umbrella fold buggy we've just had to buy him just CAN'T take the strain of 1 weeks worth of shopping hung on it let alone close to 2 weeks worth grin)

FrannyandZooey Sat 20-Jun-09 22:21:53

it looks really good
i would like to see the size in rl though
and how does the 4 wheel type work? do you have to have all wheels flat on the ground? cos i drag my 2 wheeler and can't imagine having it upright all the time

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:24:05

yes all 4 wheels on the ground - but you can drag them from behind <<<<<<<<memories of pushing her mothers 4 wheelers - definitely non funky design - but she needed me to help>>>>>>> and tbh I can't drag a 2 wheeler the distance I need to with the amount of shopping I got today grin. I was desperate for another 2 wheels to go on the back/front (depending on which way I was trying to get it home at that particular minute).

FAQinglovely Sat 20-Jun-09 22:25:13

you can drag them on 2 wheels as well <<<<<<<<also did that with her mum's when younger>>>>>>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now