Talk

Advanced search

buggy with a bigger weight limit than 15kgs?

(11 Posts)
glitteryb6 Sat 20-Jun-09 12:00:48

My friends son is 16 months and weighs 15kgs.
He can take a few steps but then sits down uninterested.

The Jane Powertrack pram she had been using since birth has an adjustable backrest which connects to the frame with plastic clips which have recently given way and stretched so the backrest keeps falling backwards into the lie down position.

anyone know of any buggies which can take a greater weight than 15kgs?

GeckoLovingHornedThing Sat 20-Jun-09 12:09:26

thats only 2 and a half stone ish isn't it?
I've never heard or a buggy having that weight limit on it

just sounds like a bad way to have the seat recline as it will fail

lljkk Sat 20-Jun-09 12:33:20

Could use a bungee cord to keep the current buggy going for longer, I reckon.

Others with higher limits: Mountain Buggy Urban Single, Maclaren Techno XLR, just google it.

To be honest, I don't pay attention to weight limits blush. But a broken strap is a different problem.

Ceolas Sat 20-Jun-09 12:35:21

That's 33lbs, right?

The Phil and Teds definitely takes more than that in the main seat.

Seona1973 Sat 20-Jun-09 14:50:22

most buggies give a maximum weight of 15kgs but that just means they have been tested up to that weight. DS is about 18kgs (age 2.9 years) and we use a cheap tesco buggy or his bigger mamas and papas pliko P3 - both take his weight fine.

glitteryb6 Sat 20-Jun-09 15:41:58

yeah its just because the wee fella is already 15kgs and quite a way off walking yet so she thinks she'll need another buggy for a wee while yet.
with her older son (quite a few years ago) she was going thru an umbrella buggy about every 6 months so thought it might be better paying a bit more for a heavier duty one?

had a wee search and the cheapest heavy duty ones i can find are the emmaljunga scooter at £195 and the out n about nipper 360 at £190, anyone have one of these?

carrielou2007 Sat 20-Jun-09 16:31:03

The silver cross dazzle takes a bigger weight though is still light to push.

I don't to upset your friend and I don't know if he has any health problems or if he is a tallie, his dad is etc but that really is quite heavy?? My dd was a whopper at birth and was BF and only ever has good home cooked food yet is on 90th centile for weight and height (I'm tall). People think she is about 3 though she is 2!

Hopefully when he is walking more his weight could even out a bit more.

horsemadgal Sat 20-Jun-09 18:46:46

Has she got the clips on correctly? They go on the top popper I'm sure and from outside in if that makes sense. If they are put on wrong the back will slip.
My son was still in Powertrack at over 3 stone with no probs.
Seona is right though, most are just tested up to 15kg, some of the same buggies sold here for sale in the States have higher max weights.

glitteryb6 Sat 20-Jun-09 20:21:33

hiya yeah no worries, he is a bit on the chubby side to be fair and i think he tends to fling his full weight back on the buggy so think this may have contributed to its demise!

the plastic clips are stretched wider than the frame if you know what i mean so dont clip on anymore and just fall off!

buggylovinmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:01:47

The baby jogger city mini has a weight limit of 50 lb not sure what that is in kg though but its definatly more than 15kg.

buggylovinmummy Sun 21-Jun-09 21:02:10

And it is a fab pushchair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now