Talk

Advanced search

Fisher-Price newborn to toddler rocker

(8 Posts)
HarryB Fri 19-Jun-09 22:17:07

Does anyone have one? Would you recommend for a 5 & half month old that is starting to roll and needs somewhere secure to nap during the day. Is it sturdy, or would DS trying to roll topple it over? Been putting him on sofa up until now, watched closely by me, but as he gets more mobile, I'm worried he might fall off or roll into corner and suffocate. He is so well trained that cot means night, he won't go in it during the day hmm.

Thanks smile

Cicatrice Fri 19-Jun-09 22:56:43

DS wouldn't sleep in it at all (cot only) but we have had a lot of use out of it and he uses it as a chair now (nearly 2). He has never tipped it accidentily.

Didn't like the vibrating aspect, though.

RoseBlossoms Fri 19-Jun-09 23:06:17

What about naps in the pram? If possible? Sturdy and safe.
I loved it when mine was little enough to push outside to have a sleep so i could get on with housework!!

HTH

HarryB Sat 20-Jun-09 07:15:18

Thank you smile

Rose, the only time my DS will nap in the pram is if it's moving. He's generally a good sleeper at night, but is very particular about where he naps.

Cicatrice, may I please ask how high it is off the floor? In the pictures, it looks lower and more reclined at the back than a traditional bouncer (which is why I thought it might be good for napping). Thanks.

Rosie29 Sat 20-Jun-09 14:04:18

I have one, it's very good, used with 4 month old. He has napped in it, but goes in his cot now during the day.
It is not high off the ground and actually reclines, so you can have it more upright.
HTH

HarryB Sat 20-Jun-09 20:28:42

Thanks Rosie. Sounds just what I am looking for. smile

babyphat Mon 22-Jun-09 17:27:35

i didn't like mine once dd could sit up - she leaned forward out of it and think she could've tipped it over, so take care once your ds is bigger

that said, mine was bought as a safe place to stash dd while i took a shower, i guess if you're using it for naps wriggling isn't such an issue!

MIAonline Mon 22-Jun-09 17:40:49

I liked mine, DS slept in really well. It does lay flatter than a traditional bouncy chair. Not sure about a very active baby as DS was always really settled in it and never tried to get out.

They are good if you have a baby who doesn't like to be left to go to sleep as you can give a little rock to help them along. Worked wonders for DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now