Talk

Advanced search

Baby jogger city mini opinions?

(20 Posts)
Nancy71 Fri 19-Jun-09 18:42:00

Hello

Have just come across rave reviews for this buggy - says it's suitable from birth (it's not parent-facing but neither are the maclarens i'm considering...).

Does anyone have experience using this buggy with a newborn ?

Thanks! Anna

They truly are as fab as the reviews, I miss mine very much

For a newborn you would need a snuggly baby nest thing like on here as it's not padded or at all cosy.

5inthebed Fri 19-Jun-09 19:15:57

Not sure about newborn, but m Ds has been using it since he was 5 months old and it is lovely.

Would definitely use something nice and padded. The BJCM footmuffs are really padded though as well.

leftangle Mon 22-Jun-09 22:19:25

I've just bought one and so far pretty impressed with it. I'm using my graco soft carry cot insert thingmy with it and have it facing me which would work for a newborn (dd is 8 weeks now, I've been using it in the graco from birth but needed a lighter pushchair). Don't know if you can buy a similar carrycot on it's own but might be an option.

SparkyUK Mon 22-Jun-09 22:49:43

I've used it since DS's birth and love it. Very easy to manoever and fold away. I had a bassinet that I bought (used) while visiting my folks in the US so that was great when he was wee (though obviously made it a heavier and bulkier) and was nice because it was really up high. I think they are fairly expensive new though...

horsemadgal Mon 22-Jun-09 23:26:04

OO leftangle, how do you have it facing you for newborn? Just leave the hood off?
My 4 month old looks lost in it!!

naomi83 Tue 23-Jun-09 12:48:29

sparky, you have a carrycot on your city mini?

leftangle Tue 23-Jun-09 18:54:21

The graco carrycot I have fits in well facing me and the clips fit to the pushchair better that way round. I just flip the hood all the way down so it does cover her ok. However she is only 8 weeks and nearly grown out of it so not helpful for you.

SparkyUK Tue 23-Jun-09 23:38:17

Yep - it's like this

horsemadgal Tue 23-Jun-09 23:41:44

Wonder if the P&T Cocoon will fit, must have a try.

naomi83 Wed 24-Jun-09 11:28:59

i thought that only clicked onto the city classic and elite...sorry to be cheeky but any chance you can send me a pic?

horsemadgal Wed 24-Jun-09 12:25:30

leftangle, mine doesn't lie completely flat so to have baby facing me legs would be up in the air. hmm

mamadiva Wed 24-Jun-09 12:42:53

You can't get a carrycot for the BJCM as far as I know the carrycots are made for the larger city models.

I have the City mini for my 3YO and have had it for about 6 months, I love it so lightweight and easy to use although there is no movable footrest so if your LO sleeps in pushchair alot their feet would dangle down but other than that it cannot be faulted!

And do agree that you defo need some sort of snuggly thing on it as it's not very padded.

SparkyUK Wed 24-Jun-09 13:42:06

you can get a carrycot for the city mini. Here is the link to the Baby jogger uk website for the carry cot.

From the website: The bassinet/pram comes with the Baby Jogger car seat adaptor. Compatible with any City Classic, Mini and Elite single strollers.

I don't think it is compatible with pre2008 models of the pushchair though as the 2008 models had the new attachment clip built in.

leftangle Wed 24-Jun-09 13:51:27

Horsemadgal, graco thing is built up at head end so dd ends up flat. Still I'm not really recomending this solution, I just happened to have one so it works for me. Much better probably to get the one that goes with it. With hindsight I'd have gone with the mini jogger from birth with the car seat and cot attachments instead of my travel system.

As an aside I've noticed in the instructions that it is not designed to go more than 3mph - I'd like to think I sometimes walk faster than that and seems a bit odd for something that calls itself a jogger.

naomi83 Wed 24-Jun-09 17:48:16

Thanks Sparky! Is it still nice to push with the carrycot on?

SparkyUK Wed 24-Jun-09 20:55:54

Yes, it still feels light and agile to push. Was great for walks and naps alike!

SparkyUK Wed 24-Jun-09 23:21:43

It's not mine, I promise, but there's a carrycot up on ebay at the moment...

Sazisi Wed 24-Jun-09 23:24:04

I love mine - it handles soo smoothly
My only gripe is I thought it would fold smaller.

If I had another baby (hey I can dream!) I'd get a lodger bunker

sammysamsam Fri 26-Jun-09 10:55:57

had this dilemma of the XT vs BJCM in the pushchair shed (page 6)BJCM came up trumps, am convinced it was a fab buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now