Talk

Advanced search

Phil and teds questions???

(4 Posts)
didsnbump Thu 18-Jun-09 14:23:32

I will be needing a double buggy when my second arrives as my DS1 will have only just turned 2.

Does the doubles seat on the phil and teds recline at all?
Can u recline the main seat when the doubles seat is underneath?
How is it as a single buggy for a 6month old, looks like the seat wont support them very well??
Can u attach a buggy board to it when its a single??

There seem to be lots of reason not to buy this, but it the cheapist modern tandem i can find. I like the new icandy peach but have been told by icandy it will be £780 for the bits i will need.

belgo Thu 18-Jun-09 14:31:19

1. yes the second seat reclines a little using zips.
2. Yes, but again, only a bit with the zips.
3. I've used the p&t as a single for ds from the age of about 6 months, and he's been fine sitting up in it.
4. Don't know about the buggy board.

I've got the p&t sport and have been very happy with it.

Pingpong Thu 18-Jun-09 14:37:01

I maybe wrong but I thought buggyboards in general were not recommended for ANY 3 wheeler - due to the stability thing.
When used as a single buggy you can use 4 different positions. Not sure what you mean by support? I put in a P&T buggy bunny (liner thing) when DD grew out of the cocoon and a blanket on top but as she got older and we moved to winter I realised I did want the sleeping bag afterall (cosytoes) even in summer I leave it on unzipped and it nestles in the footwell if I don't need it.

giraffesCantRunA10k Thu 18-Jun-09 14:47:39

What about this I have seen one and compared it to a P&Ts and the only difference I could see was instead of zips on the seats it has a bit at the back to let the seats recline.

I am not sure about the long term quality of it compared to a P&Ts but seems very very similar - apart from cost!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now