Talk

Advanced search

wooden table and chairs for toddler - where from at good price?

(12 Posts)
gp Wed 17-Jun-09 22:34:58

hi there
where can i get a wooden table and chair set for a toddler at under 40£ have seen the ikea one but it isn't mail order. any recommendations would be really appreciated. just would like something really simple. many thanks

gp Sun 21-Jun-09 11:17:57

anyone help???

saltcod Sun 21-Jun-09 12:03:58

Argos have one at half price, down to £48.94 here

Tesco do one in blue or pink here for £38.17

littlelamb Sun 21-Jun-09 12:05:45

The ikea one is brilliant but no good if they can't deliver it. Are you sure you want wooden? I almost got wood as it does look nicer but in the end I'm glad we went for plastic (from the Early Learning Centre, who do deliver) as I've been able to wipe all the pen and paint off it, which would otherwise have marked wood.

gp Wed 24-Jun-09 12:44:31

that tesco one looks great however the pink one looks like it's been discontinued - what a shame

middymo Wed 24-Jun-09 16:23:14

Not in stock at the moment but toys r us

kazbeth Wed 24-Jun-09 17:11:43

They have these ones in vertbaudet www.vertbaudet.co.uk/baby-nursery-maternity-clothes/Girls-Table.aspx?ProductId=V705013440&DocumentId =V626&CompanyId=V&source=4 and also a 'boys' one too. They might add up to more than £40 with the chairs but they always seem to have vouchers out for 40% off or so.

Sheeta Wed 24-Jun-09 17:57:05

elc table (plastic)

elc chairs (plastic)

pink wooden table and chairs

*ELC 20% off voucher*

grin

scattykatty Wed 24-Jun-09 19:43:26

I got the green ELC wooden one last week for the DS, finish was terrible! Really sad about it, all little chips, paint cracks and missed polish and one of the chairs was missing a screw {angry}

Sazisi Wed 24-Jun-09 23:46:55

I got a really nice set from babyworld; it was about £90 but is 3 chairs, stool and table, nice beech wood and well made and sturdy

blithedance Wed 24-Jun-09 23:57:45

IMO the Ikea ones are so good and so much cheaper than everywhere else it's worth keeping them in mind for a few months in case you are driving past a branch. (Managed to get in a flying visit on the way to a site meeting the other day, myself, just for cushions!)

blithedance Thu 25-Jun-09 00:04:22

Also not being funny but this is often the sort of thing you could find on ebay - Doting parent buys top of the range toddler furniture then goes off it and sells it barely used. If you're lucky you will find someone near you. Also there seem to be people who buy new things from Ikea and sell them straight on but offering postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now