Talk

Advanced search

Trampolines

(11 Posts)
DuffyMoon Wed 17-Jun-09 18:53:55

we bought a trampoline about 4 months ago, a reputable brand and the springs started to break....eventually the frame broke shock company was apologetic, "never happened before etc" and sent us another one, with "super strength" springs. They have also started to break/shear off so we are getting our money back. angry

Can anyone recommend a good brand of trampoline, that is still in good nick/no problems after it has been thoroughly bounced on and where they got it from

TIA smile

DuffyMoon Thu 18-Jun-09 07:22:03

smile

laurz75 Thu 18-Jun-09 07:39:04

We bought a brilliant trampoline and its still going strong 2 yrs later. Will have to look up details. Will get back to you... smile

laurz75 Thu 18-Jun-09 07:44:59

Right, ours was a Jumpking 12ft and we got it from The Outdoor Company. Hope it's not the same as your problem one! It was a bit more expensive than 'highstreet' ones but it has been our best buy and gets so much use.

laurz75 Thu 18-Jun-09 07:45:38

Meant the The Outdoor Toy Company. smile

throckenholt Thu 18-Jun-09 07:48:44

we have had ours just over two years. I think it is a mad dash one (like the ones on here - but I can't remember where I got it from - somewhere online which always had a deal ending today !

It definitely needed two people to get it put together but wasn't difficult. The springs, legs and the bouncing deck bit (can't think what to call it !) are all fine now. The blue cover of the springs has disintergrated (but then mine run on it when they shouldn't) and the net is looking a bit sorry for itself (but then mine think it is a great game to run and bounce off it - the net has been dragged down the poles.

If I was choosing again now I would pick one that has the net on the inside of the springs and not the outside like ours does - it makes the space smaller but probably makes the bits that are worn on ours last longer.

herbietea Thu 18-Jun-09 08:02:10

Message withdrawn

FanjolinaJolie Thu 18-Jun-09 19:38:13

I can recommend Mad Dash. Our neighbours have 3 dcs and theirs is a few years old now but still in fab condition and it has been put up and down twice from moving house. They do models that have the net on the inside of the springs, too.

Also available from Outdoor Toy Company.

HTH

scienceteacher Thu 18-Jun-09 19:39:20

Go for a Springfree

NorbertDentressangle Thu 18-Jun-09 19:40:57

Ours is a Plum one from alltrampolines.com.

We've had it for about 15 months and not had any problems with it

maggiethecat Sun 12-Jul-09 00:22:17

After I just posted in Sports/leisure I saw this thread. My online search shows that Jumpking is a decent make but am wondering about the American Springfree (pricey though).

Scienceteacher can you say why you recommend it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now