Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find some curtains for ds/dd's new joint bedroom, :)

(10 Posts)
princessmel Wed 17-Jun-09 17:20:52

They are going to be sharing when dc3 comes along.

We have decided to do 2 walls pink and 2 walls in either 'army green' or 'bedtime doggy blue'. Bedtime doggy blue is a pale blue btw and army green will not be too dark and sludgy.

The walls will be painted with the same coloured walls touching ,rather than opposite walls the same iykwim. (thats rather muddled sounding)

I will put dd's bits on her wall, her ornaments, mirror, etc and the same for ds's walls.

I need to find some curtains that combine the 2 colours. My friend had a perfect fleece blanket. It was cream with different coloured and sized circles on it. Some of the colours were army green and pink and bedtime doggy blue! But it was a blanket not curtains!

TIA

princessmel Wed 17-Jun-09 17:52:42

princessmel Thu 18-Jun-09 10:23:01

Anybody?

Fimbo Thu 18-Jun-09 10:28:57

Could you buy say a neutral colour from Next?

My dd used to have purpley ones from there and we added those stickers that are supposed to go on walls and you can peel them off. They did stick wonderfully well to the curtains.

Fimbo Thu 18-Jun-09 10:31:08

these for instance

princessmel Thu 18-Jun-09 10:34:31

That's an idea Fimbo, thanks.

I would like something that involves no work if possible though!

Fimbo Thu 18-Jun-09 10:35:03

these type of stickers on the wall. You can usually buy them in B & Q.

Fimbo Thu 18-Jun-09 10:36:07

I would be tempted to just buy plain cream curtains tbh

stealthsquiggle Thu 18-Jun-09 10:38:11

Would anything on here do the job (I have bought fabric from them before - it is nice - and they do ready-made / made-to-measure curtains as well)

princessmel Thu 18-Jun-09 12:19:37

OOOHH!! Vintage spot Linen on that website is gorge.

Lots of nice ones there. I'll look later when I have more time. off out now. I wonder how much curtains would cost. I bet they'd be ££££

My mum made the previous pair though.....

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now