Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom furniture

(11 Posts)
Poledra Wed 17-Jun-09 14:18:29

So, I've finally stopped waiting for DH to decorate DD1's bedroom (I think he's mourning the loss of his study and unable to bring himself to assist in the change-over grin)and have booked the painter to come in and do it. Now she needs furniture. It's quite a small room, so I'm thinking of white furniture to stop it feeling too dark. Perhaps Shaker style? Has anyone bought anything like this recently that they would recommend? She's 5, but I want furniture that will take her up to her teenage years, so nothing too obviously 'little girl', IYSWIM.

Thanks!

Poledra Wed 17-Jun-09 21:46:43

Bumpity bump bump bump

Maybe a Thuka mid sleeper like this? Or would it be too large for the room?

Poledra Fri 19-Jun-09 16:26:06

I do like that, but am a bit 'ouch' at the price! Are they good quality? I've never heard of the maker before.

And thanks for answering - was feeling totally unloved grin

They aren't cheap, but you are getting something that will last. Given a small room, the chest of drawers, desk and bookshelf under the bed may be a good way of maximising the space.

If you like the style, but don't want to spend that much, there are plenty of alternatives
www.google.co.uk/products?q=midsleeper&hl=en
www.google.co.uk/products?q=cabin+bed&hl=en

and a search for Thuka on mumsnet brings up a lot of matches.

BlueKangerooWonders Sun 21-Jun-09 06:22:45

Maybe a cabin style in light coloured wood might be a good option? I've seen plenty in Argos if you wants something for a few years, but not until she's a teenager maybe!

We bought the high sleeper from M&S for dd - she hated it sad so we had to dismantle and use as separate bed/desk/wardrobe parts. I also thought it was too chunky and cumbersome for a child's bedroom (looked better in the photo)

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 21-Jun-09 07:29:13

We have just bought a load of furniture from www.aspace.co.uk.

Fayrazzled Sun 21-Jun-09 07:39:44

I like the quality of Aspace furniture- although t does still require some assembly at home, it is much better quality than usual flatpack stuff. They do have some lovely ranges. I'm a bit cross with them though because I have had to wait ages for a 2 man delivery to my area for a wardrobe but payment is taken when you order so I will have paid for a wardrobe to sit in their warehouse for 10 weeks.

mogs0 Sun 21-Jun-09 15:18:44

Ds has the Thuka mid-sleeper in the first link. I bought it from Argos 3 years ago and it's great. I can't remember the exact cost but it was definitely under £300 for the bed, drawers, bookcase and desk. Ds is nearly 7 now and still likes making dens underneath it (not that there is much room there after all his toys have been put away!)!!

MaryHuff Tue 23-Jun-09 13:10:58

I have furniture from this range for DD's bedroom. Would highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now