Talk

Advanced search

Childproof seatbelts?

(4 Posts)
Melly Thu 12-May-05 11:24:03

I'm currently having problems with ds (aged 2) undoing his seat belt whilst in the car. He is in an appropriate carseat for his age which has the option of having the five point harness or secured with the ordinary shoulder and lap belt. Either way he manages to push the release buttons. It's a complete nightmare at the moment. Does anyone know if you can buy safety childproof attachments. My dd did it once when she was his age but responded really well when I spoke to her really sternly and explained the dangers etc. Ds seems to be a harder nut to crack!

Carla Thu 12-May-05 11:28:04

I told ours their mummy would get put in prison if they didn't wear them. Not what a psychologist would do, I'm sure, but it did the trick. And at least it's not a fib.

Melly Thu 12-May-05 12:27:29

That one would certainly work on my dd Carla, but unfortunately I don't think DS is old enough to understand it. He just did it again on our way to pick up dd from nursery school. I gave him a very loud & stern talking to but I'm not convinced it will stop him.

Carla Thu 12-May-05 12:44:13

A bit sterner? Sounds like you're being a bit too nice!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: