Talk

Advanced search

Maxi Cosi Mura...for toddler?

(13 Posts)
nicolamumof3 Tue 16-Jun-09 22:16:01

anyone have any experience? tia x

BikeRunSki Wed 17-Jun-09 11:42:03

I looked into it, really liked it on paper. Went to test drive it and could barely move it (and I am not small or weak). It was heavy to push when empty, let alone with a child in it. Nigh on impossible to lift. One to consider only if you are a weightlifter, with a crane into your car boot. Seriously. Very dissapointed, but it was SO heavy!

nicolamumof3 Wed 17-Jun-09 12:28:37

what a shame, the car doesn't bother me as i don't drive and have a maclaren for dp's car. but if its heavy just pushing then thats no good as ds3 is nearly 2 already.

mummyreynolds Wed 17-Jun-09 13:06:58

mmm, I'd have to totally disagree with BikeRunSki. I really like using the Mura. I get out and about a lot and it's sturdy and very comfortable for my child who loves the handle bar on the front!

It is heavier than other pushchairs but not to push and it's got a really tight turning circle.

I suggest you go and have a test drive of one if you don't drive and walk everywhere then it's great. Got a nice size basket too for shopping. I get lots of complimements on it when I'm out.

I'm your average 5ft8 and small build and I don't have a problem!!

nicolamumof3 Wed 17-Jun-09 13:08:59

do you have the three or four wheel one? i like the three but the four is on offer in boots!!

nicolamumof3 Wed 17-Jun-09 13:09:29

oh and how old is your dc mummyreynolds? thanks x

mummyreynolds Wed 17-Jun-09 13:48:04

I've got the 3-wheeler, which was my preference too! The 4-wheeled will move the same I imagine. Like I say have a trial push! dc is almost three.

nicolamumof3 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:16:42

oh really and he fits in it fine? im more tempted now (again) lol. i have a nipper 360 atm and he hates the laid back seat thought this seat looked fab for a toddler.

nicolamumof3 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:17:21

unfortunately no pram shops round here at all, but i could return to boots if need be! thanks x

mummyreynolds Thu 18-Jun-09 10:46:02

Yeah the seat is really spacious. It's been designed that way so it's extra comfy for the child! He doesn't moan anyway so I'm happy!!
Ah, you should see the footmuffs as well they are so cute - like jump suits. They look so snuggly and warm. xx

oopsacoconut Thu 18-Jun-09 10:51:31

I have a 3 wheeler - my DD is only 9months but the seat is huge around her. I took a firends 3 year old out in in and she fitted fine. I don't find mine heavy at all and we walk everywhere - fields, town and woods.

oopsacoconut Thu 18-Jun-09 10:53:01

I also like the fact that she can face me when she is having a 'mummy' day and then can face out when we go see the ducks etc.

peasadler Fri 19-Jun-09 15:03:01

I have the 3 wheeler and it's fab- really easy to push. I run with mine at Buggy Fit every week and my little one is really comfy in it. I have the foot muff thingy too which is great in the cold weather and I live the fact that she can sit facing me. The only down side is the basket is not very large- if you have the waterproof cover in it, there's not much room for anything else- but I think a lot of other buggies are the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now