Talk

Advanced search

Would you spend nearly £30 on a frying pan?

(28 Posts)
TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 17:33:24

Green pan from lakeland

Fed up of cheap pans and the one big pan I do have that is a decent brand, isn't great at crisping things up. I saw this one in Lakeland and just wanted it but mum guilt kicked in at spending money on myself. The 2 out of 3 reviews are good, there are lots of good points about it, but some things aren'[t worth spending more on, and some are. Is a frying pan an are?

Who'd have thought there could be such a long post about frying pans? hmmgrin

cornsilk Tue 16-Jun-09 17:34:39

Yes 'cos cheap frying pans have horrible black bits that ruin your food.

NoBiggy Tue 16-Jun-09 17:34:49

If it's good and lasts for ages then it'll be good value, won't it?

sagacious Tue 16-Jun-09 17:35:34

So buying a frying pan is classed as spending money on yourself now ?? grin

LyraSilvertongue Tue 16-Jun-09 17:36:41

Yes. Cheap pans are a false economy. I invested in expensive pans about 5 years ago and they're still like new now.

Itsjustafleshwound Tue 16-Jun-09 17:37:11

If you do a lot of frying (and most meals do require some sort of frying) if you take the price of £30 and divide by the no. of uses, it isn't so expensive ...

sagacious Tue 16-Jun-09 17:37:46

ooo they do look nice though and fairly eco too

(I need a new frying pan)

I may get it as a family purchase wink

OhBling Tue 16-Jun-09 17:38:07

Hell yes. A good frying pan is absolutely essential to tasty food and will benefit the whole family. It's not just a present for you.

If the decision is a new frying pan that costs £30 OR another cardigan for dd, then it's a no brainer. It's only not a good choice if you buy the fabulous frying pan but then can't afford anything to fry in it!

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 17:38:26

grin So quick responses, and so many, after a post on frying pans!shock

It sounds daft, sagacious, but I could manage without it, I just don't want too! grin

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 17:39:29

It's in the basket.....

grin

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 17:40:20

I am liking the fact they don't have any nasties in and don't react with the food in a bad way.

pebbles79 Tue 16-Jun-09 17:44:34

I have two good frying pans (a small one for eggs and a larger one for everything else) and a griddle pan that were all expensive but totally worth it! I've had the griddle pan since I got married 8 years ago! Cook things nicely and so easy to clean.

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 16-Jun-09 17:44:36

My £45 wedding frying pan is still fab, 18 years on

brimfull Tue 16-Jun-09 17:45:17

lifetime guarantee from lakeland ,just keep the receipt

actually I've complained something and they sent me a replacement straight away

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 18:53:27

I agree ggirl. I have had quite a few replacements with no quibble.

Once they refunded me something that didn't fit in the space and told me to give the item to the charity shop - no need to return.

Customer service can not be beaten by anyone (though one staff member was a bit snotty the other week shock)

ABetaDad Tue 16-Jun-09 19:02:57

Yes. Had some for 25 years and still like new and used every day. Broke the bank at the time but the best investment ever made.

duckyfuzz Tue 16-Jun-09 19:03:48

yes

TabithaTwitchet Tue 16-Jun-09 19:16:23

Ooh, have just bought that very frying pan myself today for a bargain price
Used it to cook dinner tonight and am blown away already, it is fab, and it doesn't even look like it needs washing.
(obviously will wash it though anyway wink)

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 19:55:01

But these are new pans aren't they?

TT - bargain price? Tell me more.smile

arabicabean Tue 16-Jun-09 20:55:13

No, because my favourite non-stick pans are SKK pans and unfortunately cost more! They are fantastic pans however.

TripleTroubleMuffin Tue 16-Jun-09 21:31:21

SKK pans?

Tell me more.

arabicabean Tue 16-Jun-09 22:17:04

SKK Premium Plus

TripleTroubleMuffin Wed 17-Jun-09 08:10:02

Over £100 for a pan is just too expensive for me.

lecohen Wed 17-Jun-09 08:20:38

ditto about investing in a good frying pan...easier to clean, lasts longer and can use less oil so therefore making a healthier meal.

lecohen Wed 17-Jun-09 08:23:16

Hi pebbles, what griddle pan do you have? am thinking of getting one...also what do you cook on it and how do you use it? (i.e oil, no oil)

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now