Talk

Advanced search

Are monthly contact lenses really monthly if you don't wear them everyday

(9 Posts)
twofalls Tue 16-Jun-09 12:51:10

Because of my prescription i can't wear Dailies (really bad astigmatism). Therefore i have to have them monthly but only wear them 2-3 times a week. Can I keep them for 2 months if i clean and store them properly? Optician tells me "no" but is that a financial thing rather than a health? Seems a lot of money for somethingI am not wearing every day.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

I used to do it and never had a problem.

twofalls Tue 16-Jun-09 14:04:27

thanks stripey, I can't imagine there are any reasons why it wouldn't be OK.

RoseOfTheOrient Tue 16-Jun-09 14:13:37

no problem at all - I have monthlies, and wear them every day AND wear them for 2 months sometimes. My eyes are fine.

meep Tue 16-Jun-09 14:16:45

twofalls i'm the same as you - I have a huge stash of them now. I asked my optician and she said just to cancel teh direct debit for a couple of months then set it up again once I needed more.

Oh and if you end up with too much solution you can sell it back to Specsavers. Guess other opticians do the same?

krugerparkrules Tue 16-Jun-09 22:18:20

i use mine much longer than one month, as like you i dont wear them every day .... they can keep for ages ..... you will feel on your eyes when they are no longer wearable ....

SweetApril Wed 17-Jun-09 16:14:34

I've done this and not had any problems. In fact, my optician suggested it as I don't wear lenses every day.

twofalls Wed 17-Jun-09 17:14:10

thanks everyone, i think my optician was proably told by the company to tell his customers that they had to throw them away after a month. I didn't believe him at the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now