Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a "thing" that means they can listen to their iPod in their car, what's it called and where can I get one?

(10 Posts)
sweetkitty Tue 16-Jun-09 09:20:30

That's the jist of it, want to get DP something for his birthday and as he is attached to his iPod and getting his own car soon thought it would be the ideal present but I can't seem to fnd them but know they exist.

Want something that plugs into the car so you cna listen to your iPod through the speakers, think it must exist?

Any ideas???

lilymolly Tue 16-Jun-09 09:21:58

its an i trip and you can buy it from currys/comet and the like, their pretty common and around £40? the best ones also charge your i pod as they work

JudyBlume1019 Tue 16-Jun-09 09:22:13

dunno, but I want one too

amberatkins Tue 16-Jun-09 09:26:31

Something like this

Or maybe this

I have the second one and its great, but doesn't charge the ipod like I think the first one does. I also have a cheap one that I bought on a market for when I worked in an office to send the signal to the office radio.

sweetkitty Tue 16-Jun-09 09:54:33

Great thanks will go to Comet and ask now and not feel a complete idiot

CurryMaid Tue 16-Jun-09 09:58:30

I got a cheapo Belkin one off ebay for a tenner. It works ok.

PhaseAte Tue 16-Jun-09 10:04:42

not all ipods will accept itrips.

i got one off ebay

Lucky13 Wed 17-Jun-09 16:34:43

It depends on how much you want to spend, but Dension do fab ones that are fully controlled through your car stereo.
We have one and its great
www.dension.com/products.php

chevre Wed 17-Jun-09 16:37:29

wait till he gets his car as some cars now have a aux connector that you just stick your ipod in.

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Wed 17-Jun-09 16:37:40

iTrips are fab - I got mine free when I got my iPod last year. Just get an "empty" station - just crackling, no music etc - set the iTrip to the same wavelength and off you go.

I would have preferred one that charges as well, but I still get about 4 or 5 hours before the battery goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now