Talk

Advanced search

Digital cameras - Canon A1000 or Canon Ixus 801s?

(9 Posts)
BionicleBill Mon 15-Jun-09 20:27:07

Heyulp

No idea which is the better camera, and not sure how to compare or get a review as no single site I've found has reviews of both...any thoughts from camera geeks please? smile

LackaDAISYcal Mon 15-Jun-09 20:31:23

Not sure about the A1000, but I have an Ixus and just love it. I had an Olympus before and the shutter lag was awful; I have hundreds of pictures of blurry out of focus children, or the backs of heads/sides of faces....little bit of head in the corner of the shot. With the Ixus, I have lovely clear shots and the colour balance is just lovely. It has a children and pets setting which seems to help with moving targets.

the top few photos on my profile were taken using it.

Mine is a special made for Jessops and is badged the 821s and is a lovely blue colour.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 15-Jun-09 20:33:15

correction, the top two were taken on my camera phone! The next three were the canon smile

BionicleBill Mon 15-Jun-09 20:33:18

Thanks Daisy that sounds excellent! I have seen both at Argos and not sure how they compare, the Ixus has brilliant reviews all round but can't find much on the a1000. Though it has more pixels (10m I think) and cost more originally.

hmmm...decisions decisions...smile

BionicleBill Mon 15-Jun-09 20:35:49

Oh BEAUtiful pictures!!! and beautiful kids!! grin

Is dd really a June 07 baby? I lurked on your AN thread with mine! But mine doesn't look half so grown up. It has gone quick hasn;t it. (FA here btw)

LackaDAISYcal Mon 15-Jun-09 20:48:26

Hey FA grin

Yes, she was two last week <sobs>. I think her long hair makes her look more grown up. People are surprised she is as young as she is all the time. It has gone really fast but I thought that was maybe because I was pregnant again so quickly?

Have a look on jessops site; their price was the cheapest I could find when I bought mine a few months ago? 8MP is fine I think for snaps......we've had some blown up to A4 size and they still look really sharp.

Come and say Hi on the post natal thread...it's still going quite strong!

BionicleBill Mon 15-Jun-09 20:53:38

Oh blimey! See I am really breoody NOW but I think you must be superwoman to have had another baby in between grin They are all so lovely looking!

Ds was two last week as well. He is starting to look toddles-ish now but still very much a babykins. Maybe I am somehow resisting him growing up...he will still be my 'baby' when he is 18 I expect..smile

Thanks again xx

BionicleBill Mon 15-Jun-09 20:54:04

breoody? lol. Bonkers as well as broody.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 15-Jun-09 20:57:17

Aw thanks smile

they are a good bunch....lively and hard work, but good fun.

DD is really funny at the minute as well and developing a wicked sense of humour. DS1 seemed a lot more babyish at this age where DD is two going on twenty two a lot of the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now