Talk

Advanced search

BT Baby Monitor - how to turn off the temperature beep beep beep???

(9 Posts)
dinkystinky Mon 15-Jun-09 17:58:47

We have a new style BT Digital baby monitor (the white and green one, with parent unit and baby unit) - it has all kinds of whizzy features I'd never dream of using but one feature it does have - which I cant figure how to turn off as DH has thrown away the instructions manual as is his way and which I'd prefer not to use - is the temperature warning on the parent unit which beeps every 5 minutes every time the temperature in the room goes over 23 degrees celsius. Anyone out there got one of these monitors and can you please - for the sake of my sanity - let me know how to disable it if at all possible? Any responses gratefully received!

Phoenix Mon 15-Jun-09 18:08:07

Our Tomy one does that and there is a switch inside the battery compartment to turn it off so maybe try there. HTH

Loopymumsy Mon 15-Jun-09 18:08:27

Message withdrawn

Phoenix Mon 15-Jun-09 18:09:47

Oh lol it's a bit more technical than my suggestion then

Wheelybug Mon 15-Jun-09 18:10:52

Ours is an older model I suspect (given its 4.5 years old) and ours just flashes if it goes over a certain temp - it may be that it could beep but is turned off. Do you have a menu button ? On ours if you press menu and scroll through using the up and down buttons (which you'd use for volume otherwise) you you get to a 'temperature' menu and there is an 'alert on/off' command.

Hope this helps/works !

Loopymumsy Mon 15-Jun-09 18:15:01

Message withdrawn

MrsJamin Mon 15-Jun-09 18:23:15

I just set mine to the highest it would go - most of the time you know it's that hot, don't you, not like you can do anyhing about it, it just serves to make you feel guilty! (fab monitor generally though I think)

dinkystinky Mon 15-Jun-09 20:55:32

Thank you all so much for saving my sanity! Have now set it at a higher temperature (I agree with MrsJamin - you know when its hot in the house!) and am sitting here in a beep free household grin

ChocOrange05 Tue 16-Jun-09 08:31:53

The beeps/flashing light are bloomin annoying! I only figured how to fix that a few days ago too. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now