Talk

Advanced search

adults tricycle with kids seats at the back

(17 Posts)
HerHonesty Mon 15-Jun-09 14:27:38

this morning i saw one of the above (in a very natty pink) called trikidcycle or something similar but for the life of me i can find them anywere on the internet..

anyone seen these or know what i am talking about??

HerHonesty Mon 15-Jun-09 16:01:03

bump? anyone? i have to have one...

Fimbo Mon 15-Jun-09 16:06:39

I know what you mean. Will try to help you find a link but I reckon they are foreign.

runawayquickly Mon 15-Jun-09 16:11:17

Is it thisschool run monstrosity?

runawayquickly Mon 15-Jun-09 16:12:37

And it's £825. I'd just book minicabs and make a saving grin

sfxmum Mon 15-Jun-09 16:12:50

here

Fimbo Mon 15-Jun-09 16:18:05

But £825 is nothing against the cost of a car.

I think it looks fab. Sadly my dc are too old or I would have considered one.

I have also seen the £3k one that sfxmum linked but that is a £ too far I reckon.grin

MaryBS Mon 15-Jun-09 16:22:07

Ooo look, with this one, you can keep them in a cage! wink

pooter Mon 15-Jun-09 16:28:47

have a look at the christiana i love it! (but have just ordered a far more affordable back seat for my ordinary bike envy

iMum Mon 15-Jun-09 16:34:34

I want one

runawayquickly Mon 15-Jun-09 16:40:01

No, actually, think they're great - have seen trikes like this in Holland with perfect mum and perfect kids whizzing along... just not sure how I would manage it in my not-very-perfect morning routine.
I would be pedalling uphill to dcs' school (overtaken by OAPS in buggies) with a big sweaty red face (as I'll bet they're not light while dc's hide heads in shame... A bright pink trike does rather draw more attention to oneself at those moments. I just don't have the confidence. Sort of thing no one will bat an eyelid at in a coupla years. You're an early adopter wink

HerHonesty Mon 15-Jun-09 19:03:14

have started saving...they are fab. and if i get a pink one, it will match by pink face. brilliant i love it when plan comes together

cookielove Mon 15-Jun-09 19:09:41

oooh doesn't sadie frost have one, i'm sure i saw either her or helen bonham carter, they both look the same ish

NoTart Mon 15-Jun-09 19:22:08

I´d advice a test drive as it were.. I´ve used one before and found it an absolute nightmare. Normally I have one child on the front of my bike and one child on the back and was terribly excited to try out one of these trikes. Well the steering was an absolute nightmare, it felt terribly unstable, I did nearly fall off at one point.. I was terrified actually. It was impossible to get up to any kind of speed and feel safe, I will avoid in the future. The brakes didn´t seem adequate for the weight the bike was carrying..

Having said all the above, it was a rental bike, in the Netherlands, maybe a new one would be better? The idea is a brilliant one. I had one with room for 4 children though I carried only 2, amybe look at a smaller one, particularly a very long one with 2 seats, one in front of hte other..

hth

Jumente Sun 21-Jun-09 07:08:54

Trikes are really hard work to steer - I had one and found I felt unsafe especially carrying children, but I'm used to a normal bike.
The answer for me was a Bakfiets, I have had mine a few months and although I adore it I am up a steep hill so it isn't as practical as I'd have liked!!! It's on ebay at the moment if anyone is interested <shameless plug> grin

flimflammum Sun 21-Jun-09 07:46:09

I think I saw an article about Marielle Frostrup with a picture of her pink child-carrying trike. I did think, what a brilliant idea.

Jumente Sun 21-Jun-09 07:52:37

I think if you haven't ridden an ordinary bike they are probably Ok, but it takes major neural rewiring to swap from a bike to a trike IME - and from what I've been told by the people who sell them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now