Talk

Advanced search

Uniforms - where is best to buy?

(10 Posts)
DelGirl Mon 15-Jun-09 12:27:43

M & S have there 3 for 2 but this is all new for me as dd starting school in September. Will probably opt for pinafore and polo shirt. Want easy wash and non iron preferably. So any recommendations before I head to the shops!

tia

DelGirl Mon 15-Jun-09 12:30:10

and I know this sounds a stupid question but would you opt for 100% knee length cotton socks or mix, I seem to remember from my long ago school days that 100% cotton tended to stretch out of shape at the top??? Things have probably changed no doubt since I were a lad though!

DelGirl Mon 15-Jun-09 12:44:54

anyone, I know mn is a bit slow at the mo but someone must have some thoughts? Cheers smile

pinkteddy Mon 15-Jun-09 12:49:06

It depends if you want something long lasting - or you want cheap and cheerful. I bought 3 pack of stain resistant white polo shirts from M&S last summer for dd, they have worn really well and still look good.

Luckily as I bought them a bit big they will probably still be good for at least part of next year. The cheap woolies ones (sure tescos etc are the same) are all stained and have shrunk so will be going in the bin! They were half the price though.

BUT the cardigans I got from M&S haven't worn well at all. Will be getting them from the uniform shop next year!

Lilyloo Mon 15-Jun-09 12:50:11

If you go on saving money thread i have put code for extra 10% off m&s with their 3 for 2 and free delivery it's a good deal.
I personally like their uniform , it washes and wear well. Ds doens't seem to manage to get holes in the trousers.

My dd only just starting this time so not too sure r/e socks but i ordered her cotton ones.
I have got her pinafores but a skirt for pe days. Also some polo shirts and i will buy the school logo cardigans.

ShannaraTiger Mon 15-Jun-09 12:50:50

Didn't want you to feel ignored. I also chose pinafore and polo shirt, I brought from tescos, very cheap but zip went middle of easter term. Luckily had 1 school skirt and pair of school trousers as back up until summer dress this term. I brought ankle socks and tights for when the weathers gets cold as I remember knee socks alwasy falling down as well.
Good luck hope this helped.

Lilyloo Mon 15-Jun-09 12:50:57

I also found their polo shirts on the smaller side so would order a size bigger.

DelGirl Mon 15-Jun-09 13:00:44

thanks smile I will go and see what m & s is like then as dd, unlike me, is tall and skinny, then I'll order online, assuming you can't get the 10% at the shop???? Thanks for the code. I'd rather good quality and long lasting really I think.

FanjolinaJolie Thu 18-Jun-09 18:18:48

Asda have specials on too at the moment. Two items eg skirts/trousers for £5 and polo shirts only £2 for a pack of 2. Don't know about the quality, though!

hana Thu 18-Jun-09 18:38:18

have always bought skirts and pinafores from M&S, and their socks and tights

polo tops from supermarkets, wherever I happen to be!
cardis from the uniform shop with logo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now