Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend/point me in the direction of a rear-facing pushchair?

(18 Posts)
MamaG Mon 15-Jun-09 10:48:43

I really like my Pliko, its sturdy and roomy for BabyG but since he's outgrown the carrycot, I HATE not being able ot see him when we are out and about!

Can you recommend a rear facing pushchair please?

Metatron Mon 15-Jun-09 11:01:39

i recommend this one all the time chicco 4 me. it is fab. here

MamaG Mon 15-Jun-09 11:04:43

Thanks met

Does it have a nice roomy seat? BabyG is quite big - he's 7 months at the mo but just about to go into 18-24 month clothing, so unles he slows down dramatically, its going to need a big seat!

HuffwardlyRudge Mon 15-Jun-09 11:07:05

I don't recommend a Quinny Buzz. I had one and it was a bit pants. Rear facing though.

Metatron Mon 15-Jun-09 11:09:01

my 5 year old <shame> has been in it on occasion with the 3 year old piled on top of her so yes i think so! No prob with the hood either.

You can open the hood up so it becomes a sunshade so no mucking about with extra bits, It folds fine with the seat on in both directions and I love the option for single or two handles. Basket not brill but you don't get everything. There is a built in step on the back, if you have the single handle option on a bigger one can ride on it and lean back against it, v handy.

No heavier than the pliko i think. Personally if he is a giant get a kaiser XL footmuff, they are v snuggly and long.

silverfrog Mon 15-Jun-09 11:09:05

Inglesina otutto.

is big and roomy (dd1 fitted into it ok when she was 3, and she is not a small girl by any means) but also nice and cosy for smaller babies (it was dd2's buggy, but sometimes put dd1 in and carried the baby - was much easier!)

was uch nicer than the Pliko dd1 had.

MamaG Mon 15-Jun-09 11:34:47

Thanks both, I'll look into them - DH is going to go MAD with me after the length of time I spent choosing the pliko blush

MamaG Mon 15-Jun-09 15:14:13

Any tips on telling DH I intend to change pushchair...?!

alittlebitshy Mon 15-Jun-09 15:20:13

Pricier but silver cross - prob the linear freeway (i have the sleepover one but that was so we had the carrycot function).

i had ds rearwards til he was 8 months. I turned hinm round for the plam sunday procession and he loved it so much i haven't turned it back. I do miss his little face though lol.

HerHonesty Mon 15-Jun-09 16:03:03

xplory. the dogs bollocks.

Metatron Mon 15-Jun-09 19:09:28

are you going to buy new or second hand?

Resale on the pliko maybe?

Northernlurker Mon 15-Jun-09 19:14:31

Don't tell him! It'll take him ages to notice and when he does you can freak about how long it's taken him to notice and then he'll be so busy defending his fatherly credentials that he''l forget to point out you've bought a new pram! Attack is the best form of defence I think grin

Plus you can tell him how BabyG is clearly a genius (taking after Pa no doubt) and you need rear facing so you can constantly stimulate him with witty baby banter.

EachPeachPearMum Mon 15-Jun-09 19:23:04

Hauck Infinity?

MamaG Mon 15-Jun-09 19:31:16

second hand def. Mate has a hauck which i relaly liked, am considering htat

good idea about not telling him, lol!

TheRedQueen Mon 15-Jun-09 19:32:50

Try the Mutsy Urban Rider. Pricey, but the seat can be used either rear- or forward facing.

TRQ

pigleychez Wed 17-Jun-09 22:39:55

I have a Cosatto Mobi.

Seat can face either way. Easy to steer and looks quite cool.

DD stayed in the carrycot part till about 7mths.. would have been longer but shes very tall for her age.

I agree that its much nicer having them face you

Re- changing the pram.. do a google search for info on Rearfacing and its benefits for babyG and show him.

wwwbabygudscouk Thu 18-Jun-09 16:19:29

Have a look at the Vigour 3 or 4 this can be either rear or forward facing and is a very easy to use pushchair with a decent size seat unit.

Qally Thu 18-Jun-09 16:47:04

Xplory is fantastic, with great resale value. Faces both ways, in 5 reclines that vary from flat to bolt upright. Also works as a highchair on the move, as so high up - and the child is above exhaust fume/dog height, so they can see what's going on and aren't confronted with a forest of legs. BUT it is nastily expensive, and an urban buggy. We have no car and walk everywhere in a city, so it's worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now