Talk

Advanced search

P&T with regular punctures - help!!

(9 Posts)
MrsBish Sun 14-Jun-09 22:26:48

DH is getting really frustrated at having to regularly repair the tyres on our Phil & Teds. It's quite an old model (must be at least 6 yrs old) and is on loan from a friend of a friend.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy new tyre inners for them. Have had a quick search on-line but can't find anything.

Thanks

MrsBish Mon 15-Jun-09 11:36:52

bump

theyoungvisiter Mon 15-Jun-09 11:41:10

I think the Oxford Pram centre does them but their server seems to be playing up at at the moment so I can't check. they are on www.oxfordpramcentre.co.uk

You would probably want to ring first though, to check if your model is compatible.

theyoungvisiter Mon 15-Jun-09 11:42:34

oh, it's working again.

Have a look here: www.oxfordpramcentre.co.uk/product_Phil-&-Teds-Inner-tube---12.5-x-2.25_835_0_index.php

pantshavenames Mon 15-Jun-09 12:30:02

Felt the same way about my P&T. Luckily my DH likes cycling so knew about ummmm 'stuff'. I got some Dr. Sludge inner tyres (which are filled with something to stop the hole) which are just normal bike ones. I can't remember where I got them from but I think it started with searching the Amazon marketplace.

3 months and counting without a puncture. Hooray!

nappyaddict Mon 15-Jun-09 12:45:28

You can also use slime for the same effect.

MrsBish Tue 16-Jun-09 21:18:11

Many thanks.

Got a new inner from my local bike shop today - didn't think it'd be the easy!!

Will investigate the Slime if, sorry when(!), we get the next puncture!

nappyaddict Tue 16-Jun-09 22:28:00

You are supposed to put it on to prevent them lol

MrsBish Wed 17-Jun-09 15:43:31

good point!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now