Talk

Advanced search

Yawnworthy question about non-slip options for showers and baths

(5 Posts)
Shitemum Sun 14-Jun-09 00:45:55

So, I have these rubber mats for the bath and shower.
The ones for the bath are going all squidgy and sticky and like putty round the edges, they are less than a year old and always get rinsed and hung up to dry after use.

The one in the shower got thrown out because it was rotting too and the little sucker cups were coming off and going down the drain, threatening to block it.

So, I bought some little stick-on non sucker cup circles on the net. They were perfect but now 3 have come off...

I just want a non-slip solution for my bath and shower!!!!!!
I don't want sucker cup things because they still slide away from under my feet when I get in the shower or from under the DDs feet when they are getting in and out the bath....

Help! What works?

gigglewitch Sun 14-Jun-09 00:55:52

after experiences just like yours, I'm now on that crazy mat stuff that is meant to stop stuff from slipping off shelves and stuff...(originally found in camping shops!) the rubbery stuff with the holes in like this You can find it a bit cheaper than that, but the mid-priced versions seem to be better quality.

gigglewitch Sun 14-Jun-09 00:58:09

* excessive use of word stuff due to brain-deadness at this hour. substitute more appropriate nouns if you please grin

Shitemum Sun 14-Jun-09 22:50:20

hmm, good tip. Sounds like that stuff they use in bars for keeping the glasses on, on shelves. Will try it...if you hear a scream followed by a crash you''ll know it doesn't work...

jamest Mon 15-Jun-09 10:10:35

Ikea do the stick on mats that are quite long, they do go tacky etc after a period but they are pretty cheap so I usually get a couple and have one spare in the cupboard. They always last a year at least before they get awful and they stick brilliantly. Never had any of the sucker come off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now