Talk

Advanced search

Toddler bedding/duvet advice

(6 Posts)
carrielou2007 Sat 13-Jun-09 20:19:22

Hi, my dd is just about to go into her first proper bed, I'm just not sure about the tog of her duvet? I thought it would just be like for me, 4.5 in summer, 10 in spring/autumn then the two popper together in the winter (well mine does I mean).

She does get very hot, if she has more than one blanket it gets kicked off in the night. She used to scream her head off when I tried the grobags and was also blood red and sweaty in them. I keep her room temperature at the right level so does this sound right??

lambanana Sat 13-Jun-09 20:54:09

Mine just lie on their duvets with a thin cotton blanket over them in weather like this.

Not sure of the tog TBH.

DD's are 3 and 1.

Hope this helps.

nickytwotimes Sat 13-Jun-09 20:55:36

Ds is under a 5 tog all year round.
In summer, he wears shorts/teeshirt jammies, in winter, a vest, jammies, socks.

yousaidit Sat 13-Jun-09 21:04:14

dd is in her toddler bed tonight with a thin cotton sheet over her, and she has a 2.5 tog in winter with if necc a blanket, coz she does get warm easily

but be warned, cotbed sized beddng is a rip off because the cotbed sized bedding sets cost a fortune, you might be better, cost wise, getting a single duvet and turning it on its side, then you will have a much larger and cheaper variety of bedding to choose from! hth

carrielou2007 Sat 13-Jun-09 21:17:56

Ooh, thanks everyone! I'll stick with the 4.5 one I have then, add extra blankets in the winter if and when. It is a single bed she is going into rather than a cotbed. She did really well in a bed on holiday last month with a bedguard so just bought single bed.

Really struggled to get bedding that is not too babyish so she has one 'princess' set and a peppa pig set grin

nicolamumof3 Sat 13-Jun-09 21:23:18

ds2 has 4tog i think on his junior bed. he's going into single bed soon so ds3 can have junior bed. scary two boys in beds in their own room together lets hope they stay in them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now